Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the site and live all the info here. I was wandering any thoughts on why not wait for the 2014 model? I know this is hard to contemplate given that the 2013 model isn't even out yet. just curios because they usually fix all the issues the first model has by the second year.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome Makhshev!

I'm buying mostly because the car that I've had for almost 10 years is just wearing out at 150k miles, and this is a great opportunity to finally have a fun and exciting car to drive. There's only so long you can stand driving what is essentially an econobox (not that I don't love my car, I do! It's just...well, slow). Basically, I needed to buy a car this year and the ST has the features, performance, and looks I'm looking for.

It would be safer to wait, yes. But I don't want to dump thousands of dollars in maintenance costs & new tires this year just to trade it in/sell it anyway.

Yes the first model years can (and do) occasionally have issues. But most of these components have been in use on standard focuses for a while now. The big question in my mind though is engine longevity, although the ecoboost line of engines have been among the most reliable and efficient engines Ford has ever produced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great feedback. I was just wandering because I don't necessarily need a new car, my car is older but not about to die and was wandering some thoughts. I am with most, I just don't want to wait any longer to get a new car especially how awesome the ST looks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm waiting for the EPA numbers to come out... but if those are solid, I can't think of anything else to wait for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts