Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a couple threads on X plan pricing already, including the one with the chart, but they're getting pretty big and convoluted, so I thought I'd start this just to allow people direct access to calculating X plan pricing for themselves (especially in taking into account regional differences in ADV ASSESSMENT and doc fee maximums).

Calculating X plan pricing:

Dealer Invoice is what X plan pricing is calculated on

Dealer Invoice = vehicle invoice + option package invoice - package discount invoice + add-ons invoice + ADV ASSESSMENT + FUEL CHARGE + DEST&DELIV.

Vehicle Invoice = $22,100, includes ST1 200A package
ST2 201A package invoice = $2,235; ST2 package discount = ($108)
ST3 202A package invoice = $4,320; ST3 package discount = ($361)
Moonroof invoice = $799
Navigation invoice = $710
Tangerine Scream invoice = $442
Engine Block Heater invoice = $30
Fuel Charge = $47.16
DEST&DELIV = $795
ADV ASSESSMENT = between $400-$450 depending on regional differences.

X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee.

Easiest way to calculate X plan pricing is to total Dealer Invoice, multiply that by 0.996, add $275.

Note: X plan sets the maximum limit on document fees (doc fees) to $100, but do check if your state/local law sets a lower maximum. The maximum dealer doc fee under X plan is whichever is less: $100 or your state/local law's maximum.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This definitely helps to have it broken down in this manner. Would you mind checking my math for my ST3 with no moonroof or block heater?

Vehicle Invoice = $22,100
ST3 202A package invoice = $4,320
Fuel Charge = $47.16
DEST&DELIV = $795
ADV ASSESSMENT = $400
SUBTOTAL = $27,662.16

$27,662.16 x .996 = $27,551.51
+ $275 administrative fee = $27,826.51

Does that look accurate? I am assuming I don't need to add the Navigation invoice of $710, as that comes with the ST3 equipment group.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This definitely helps to have it broken down in this manner. Would you mind checking my math for my ST3 with no moonroof or block heater?

Fuel Charge = $47.16
DEST&DELIV = $795
ADV ASSESSMENT = $400
SUBTOTAL = $27,662.16

$27,662.16 x .996 = $27,551.51
+ $275 administrative fee = $27,826.51

Does that look accurate? I am assuming I don't need to add the Navigation invoice of $710, as that comes with the ST3 equipment group.

Thanks,
Chris
You just forgot to subtract the ST3 package discount of $361. So...

ST3 202A package discount invoice = ($361) ... parentheses indicate a number to be subtracted
Fuel Charge = $47.16
DEST&DELIV = $795
ADV ASSESSMENT = $400
SUBTOTAL = $27,301.16

$27,301.16 x .996 = $27,191.96
+ $275 administrative fee = $27,466.96

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like X-Plan is basically $100 under invoice in most cases and saves you from getting overcharged by dealer fees?
I think you mean X plan is basically $100-$150 over invoice, and saves you from getting overcharged by dealer fees.

BTW, in my case (and not unusual in Florida), my dealer was charging me a $699 "doc fee". So even though I got them to sell me the car at $100 over invoice, going with X plan actually saved me around $550 over my previous deal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My wife has access to x-plan pricing through her work. However, in parenthesis, it say it must be purchased from dealer stock. It sounds like people are using x-plan pricing to order the cars from the factory versus dealer stock. Will I have a problem using this to order an ST from the factory? Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am sure this has been addressed in previous postings but how does one qualify for X-plan pricing (besides the Mustang and SVT club option)?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
My wife has access to x-plan pricing through her work. However, in parenthesis, it say it must be purchased from dealer stock. It sounds like people are using x-plan pricing to order the cars from the factory versus dealer stock. Will I have a problem using this to order an ST from the factory? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Once the car is on the dealers lot, it's essentially dealer stock. At least that is the way it's always worked for me as I've done plan deals on every Ford I've every purchased, most of which were custom orders.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I am sure this has been addressed in previous postings but how does one qualify for X-plan pricing (besides the Mustang and SVT club option)?
With absolutely no intent of rudeness, do a search. This question has been asked and answered numerous times.

There are many ways to obtain. X Plan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have access to X-plan, however, is it possible to negotiate a better deal than X-Plan (thinking about an ST3 also)? I'm curious as it might be worth spending the time getting the local dealers to compete. I'm in the Metro Detroit area, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it's been covered before, but here's a quick summary:

1. Own 100 shares of Ford stock for 6 months or longer.
2. A Ford employee can "gift" X plan to you as a "friend or neighbor" (Ford employees are limited on the number of X plans they can gift.)
3. Belong to or be employed by a club, organization, or business that offers Ford X plan discount as a benefit.

There may be other ways, but I'm not aware of them.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I was under the impression that @LongTrail was asking whether you could get a better price using X-Plan or by negotiating, and that is the link I provided.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was under the impression that @LongTrail was asking whether you could get a better price using X-Plan or by negotiating, and that is the link I provided.
I was. Thanks for sending the link (very interesting reading); and also thanks to DarkBuddha for posting ways to qualify. I've looked in quite detail at the spreadsheet (even took a copy so I could filter the data etc in Excel.). What I was really looking for was anecdotal evidence of how people are going about the negotiation process, do they just go with X-plan or start by negotiating? I don't mind negotiating because at the end of the day I can walk out and say it's not the deal I'm looking for and take my business elsewhere but how many people have gone down this route and what kind of success are they having?

Naturally I understand this takes time and time is worth $$$$ so there's a breakeven point somewhere... What have others done?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My dealer is saying he still can't get the X-plan pricing to show up using the Ford CONCEPS Order Bank. They have agreed to do X-Plan in theory and I have shown them the spreadsheet, the general X-plan pricing guide online, and they agree with all that but their position is that they need the pricing to show up in the order bank before they will officially give me the x-plan price. Has a anyone out there had similar difficulties or found a way around this? I posted this question to Lisa but have no idea if she will get around to answering.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Several people have posted official Ford VOCs (Vehicle Order Confirmation) which actually show AXZD pricing on them. Not sure why your dealer isn't able to get it, or I wonder if they're just sandbagging you. If they've agreed to honor X plan pricing, just have 'em put it in writing, and then maybe contact the official ST order hotline folk and see if they can get a regional rep to visit your dealer and straighten them out. That's what had to happen before my dealer finally admitted and agreed to X plan pricing for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I looked for info on the "official ST order hotline" but can't seem to find it. What is the number? Is it different then their customer relationship center number 800-392-3673?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Several people have posted official Ford VOCs (Vehicle Order Confirmation) which actually show AXZD pricing on them. Not sure why your dealer isn't able to get it, or I wonder if they're just sandbagging you. If they've agreed to honor X plan pricing, just have 'em put it in writing, and then maybe contact the official ST order hotline folk and see if they can get a regional rep to visit your dealer and straighten them out. That's what had to happen before my dealer finally admitted and agreed to X plan pricing for me.
I have X-plan and have used it for a couple of cars, (same dealer I ordered the st3 from) but am still trying to get the dealer to use it for the ST. Seems that it is up to the dealer as to whether or not they will accept it for a particular car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts