Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well let me start off by saying I am a true blue blood bleeding Ford fan. I have spent a few years working at a Ford dealership doing everything from Oil changes/changing Tires to advising Customers on what services they require and what problems appear on their cars(Service Advisor). I have also been driving my 2002 Ford SVT focus proudly and have always maintained it at Ford and absolutely loved the car and my loyalty remained true when i caught wind of the ST coming out. I thought to myself YES this is the evolution of my SVT we are finally getting a true performance focus that they never gave us. So i am waiting patiently for any news.. checking the internet.... Calling my dealer.... nothing... Finally ford reveals the 2013 Ford Focus ST is to be released at a base starting price of $24,495 What! you mean to tell me all this car is actually affordable? I can buy 1? sign me up!!!

UNTIL Ford releases the Canadian price. And i must admit even though the dollar is at pairity i expected it to start around $26,500 because we always get screwed on MSRP's even though parts of the car are prob manufactured in Canada. But as i found out earlier this morning doing what i have been doing every single week since i heard about this car i searched the Internet and low and behold on the Ford.ca website a price! STARTING at $29,990...

Note: Only 1 trim level in Canada and that is fairly loaded. Still roughly $4000 of (?)

Thank you Ford.

Brandon

·
Registered
495 Posts
It would be nice if we could ever find out why this happens on a regular basis. It can't be tariffs or taxes, is it really just greed?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes. I'm only coming up with about 11% higher, but hey...still sucks.
I went off another guys rant.

I am so choked and outraged at this farce.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm pretty certain I heard Eric Trepanier state that full leather and HIDs would be standard on all STs in Canada. Perhaps the only ST available in Canada is a fully loaded ST3 model? If so, that would explain the price.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty certain I heard Eric Trepanier state that full leather and HIDs would be standard on all STs in Canada. Perhaps the only ST available in Canada is a fully loaded ST3 model? If so, that would explain the price.
I hope you are right. This would make sense though as the MS3 was only available in Canada loaded.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I hope you are right. This would make sense though as the MS3 was only available in Canada loaded.
The canuck version I drove last week was fully loaded. There maybe only one package. I've sat in them all (colors,packages, and moonroof) I personally feel the st3 is by far the best package. I'm not a fan of the moonroof. My only wish, is they had a glass roof option like the stang.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ouch...but if all Canadian STs are ST3s it makes a bit more sense. But an ST1 for 30 grand is just priced out of the game.

·
Registered
148 Posts
UNTIL Ford releases the Canadian price. And i must admit even though the dollar is at pairity i expected it to start around $26,500 because we always get screwed on MSRP's even though parts of the car are prob manufactured in Canada. But as i found out earlier this morning doing what i have been doing every single week since i heard about this car i searched the Internet and low and behold on the Ford.ca website a price! STARTING at $29,990...

Yeah - hopefully the comments that you're getting the ST3 package as the only Canadian version are true. I just went to Ford of Canada and Ford's US websites; and looked at the base price for a 5 door Titanium. US base price - $22,355. Canada base price - $23,849. That's only a 6.7% differential (and you guys have different governmental requirements, don't you - like daytime running lights?) :!:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah - hopefully the comments that you're getting the ST3 package as the only Canadian version are true. I just went to Ford of Canada and Ford's US websites; and looked at the base price for a 5 door Titanium. US base price - $22,355. Canada base price - $23,849. That's only a 6.7% differential (and you guys have different governmental requirements, don't you - like daytime running lights?) :!:
Yes some differences... but alot of them are now being abolished like our bumper height regulations that prevented such cars like the Evo 8/9

·
Registered
549 Posts
Didn't realize this thread was here and created one in the general section. In that thread I posted links to YouTube video interviews with Eric Trepanier, Marketing at Ford Canada and he is quoted as stating that Recaro's and HID lighting come standard. That closes the gap somewhat between US ST2, but if it does come with HID, that is an expensive option.
As I posted elsewhere, the pricing discrepancy is a left-over from 2001 when the CDN dollar was very very weak compared to the US dollar. It has now been either at par or worth more than the US dollar for several years and more and more people are importing cars from the US themselves to fight against this ridiculous pricing. Dealers get hurt losing sales this way, and the MFG's need to make adjustments for the dollar.

Porsche recently acknowledged this, but the pricing discrepancy is still huge. Here is article
Strong dollar prompts Porsche Canada to lower prices

Personally, if the ST comes with Recaro's and HID's and maybe some other included option for $29,999, I can stomach that if I can get somewhere below MSRP......I'll deal with it. Still not thrilled though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an actual spec sheet from Ford. The base car(for 29,999) does include more than the American version. As I expected, it is priced to be within $500 of both the GTI and Mazdaspeed3. It includes the full Recaro leather seats and the HID highlights. But it does not include
everything in the ST3 package. In Canada there is only 1 option package(201A), which includes thye Sony radio, MyFord touch, Sirius radio and electronic air conditioning. I think this package is about $1100. Navigation and sunroof are stand alone options. If you add Nav($700) to Opt 201A, I believe you get the equivalent of the American ST3 package. But you are looking at $30000 for the base car, $1100 for 201A and $700 for Nav and $1500 for PDI, for a total of 33,300. This compare to the American version of $24,400(withPDI) plus $4435 for ST3 for a total of $28,930. So in Canada we are paying an extra $4370. The difference in currency is negligible. If you compare the various Focus models in Canada and the US, you will see that the base model is actually cheaper in Canada. But as you go up in models, the Canadian version becomes more expensive, by about $1000 for the Titanium . But $4400 seems ridiculous. And the dealer was quick to warn me that importing an American car could lead to problems.The order book in Canada is supposed to open in a few weeks. If anyone can do better than this,let us know.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have an actual spec sheet from Ford.
Interesting. So full leather, or the partial leather/cloth Recaro's? I'd be surprised if it's full leather as in the US ST3?
I guess it's not a bad thing to get Recaro's, HID's and we can leave out MFT. I know a lot of US folks were wanting that option. Personally I wouldn't mind that Sony stereo upgrade, not really sure if I can handle MFT.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would of rather it come bare st1 and pay $26,000. At the end of the day my budget is everything and i dont need all these " toys " in my car. I want the feel and the power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eh Canada Hope this will display, never posted pics in forum before.
Headed over to Ford today. Looks like no partial leathers for us. Fully leather equiped only, and apparently only 600 units are coming.

ST info canada - Copy - Copy.jpg
ST info canada1 - Copy.jpg
ST info canada2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
ST info canada3 - Copy.jpg
ST info canada4 - Copy.jpg
ST info canada5 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
549 Posts
Headed over to Ford today. Looks like no partial leathers for us. Fully leather equiped only, and apparently only 600 units are coming.
Hey great info Trotskie. I can't believe it's full leather. In part I'm not too happy, I don't really like full leather, too hot in summer, too cold in winter (heated is ok I guess), too slippery, but people who have sat in them say they hug good, so I guess I'll live with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have always had leathers and was never a big fan of the cloth seats. Maybe its because i love the smell of Leather and black ice little trees:!: Im sure the full leather Recaro's will hold up nicely and do what they were designed to do. Really like the partials but they kinda remind me of a cross training shoe that screams at me SPORTS!
Has anybody from Canada made a pre order, and if so how much out the door? and whats the deposit?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have an actual spec sheet from Ford. The base car(for 29,999) does include more than the American version. As I expected, it is priced to be within $500 of both the GTI and Mazdaspeed3. It includes the full Recaro leather seats and the HID highlights. But it does not include
everything in the ST3 package. In Canada there is only 1 option package(201A), which includes thye Sony radio, MyFord touch, Sirius radio and electronic air conditioning. I think this package is about $1100. Navigation and sunroof are stand alone options. If you add Nav($700) to Opt 201A, I believe you get the equivalent of the American ST3 package. But you are looking at $30000 for the base car, $1100 for 201A and $700 for Nav and $1500 for PDI, for a total of 33,300. This compare to the American version of $24,400(withPDI) plus $4435 for ST3 for a total of $28,930. So in Canada we are paying an extra $4370. The difference in currency is negligible. If you compare the various Focus models in Canada and the US, you will see that the base model is actually cheaper in Canada. But as you go up in models, the Canadian version becomes more expensive, by about $1000 for the Titanium . But $4400 seems ridiculous. And the dealer was quick to warn me that importing an American car could lead to problems.The order book in Canada is supposed to open in a few weeks. If anyone can do better than this,let us know.
Thank you for posting this. I am a little bit afraid to start the negotiating process. Expecially concidering there is a trade in to incorporate and a Down Payment. I may just leave them out of the process till the end and hope they are willing to hit my # i am looking for on my trade in.

·
Registered
29 Posts

View attachment 1337
View attachment 1338
View attachment 1339
View attachment 1340
View attachment 1341
View attachment 1342
For some reason I am not allowed to view these links. Can someone explain why these links are restricted for my viewing?
thanks

EDIT-disregard, I can view these links today. And thank you for these links BTW.
Is it true that Ford Canada is limited to only 600 ST units per year?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts