Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I am in the Windermere area, about 3 miles from the Disney cast member entrance for Magic Kingdom.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
It has been almost 3 months since this thread was touched. Is there anyone else out there besides the four of us from Central Florida?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I live in Central Florida (Lakeland area) and work for the Mouse. Since I have about an hour commute, the boss (aka wife) approved a car that I would enjoy driving. I was about to pull the trigger on a GTI, when I first saw the Key West commercials. So I started looking into the Focus (and am glad I did).

This will be my daily driver, and I may work up the courage to get it on a track. I've never driven a car on a track before, so I'd be drawn more to events that were more instructional than competitive... but it would be good to learn to drive the car on a track.

For you central Florida guys - what are some great central florida roads that you enjoy - just for a drive?

For me - go 429 north to Siedel road.. Take a right on Siedel road and take it until it ends.. lots of curves, trees and pasture... I get to drive it each day to work..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That is a nice road, and right near my house. Orange county plans show they intend to eventually straighten Siedel out considerably, so enjoy it while you can.

Welcome to FSTN allen, glad to have another ST owner in the general area.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Cool. Welcome to the ST Nation 5speedzx3.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This my be my first post, not sure...I registered mainly to read and to keep up with items related to my job.

I am in Seminole county (winter springs.) I am an engineer with SCT and purchased my PB ST3 after the company backed out of the deal as a development vehicle. Our development was instead done using Torrie's vehicle (unleashed tuning) but now that I have a car we are continuing with further development. Most notably we are working on our iTSX/TSX support as well as expanding our datalogging support on the ST.

I have yet to see another ST anywhere around this area.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome to FSTN Blivit! Glad to see so many people working to improve the capabilities of the ST. I have had my ST3 now for about 3 weeks. I very rarely get to Winter Springs, but if you find yourself in the area around 535, Windermere, and Disney, you may see me around. I am originally from New Orleans, so when I'm feeling a little homesick, I sometimes head over to the Port Orleans resort for some Turbodog and Beignets, so you may spot me there as well. Check my sig for details of my car. I just washed it this morning, so may put up some new pics post-tint on the details thread later today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We go to that area often. My wife is a former Disney employee with friends still in the area and we take our son to the parks every once in a while.

I seem to remember you stating getting your windows tinted at precision in longwood? I am very close to them and they have done my last 3 vehicles along with most of the employees here at SCT. I haven't gotten mine done yet in the ST but will soon. What was the cost and which film did you go with?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have that listed in the Details section (link from my signature), but I went with 3M Crystalline...70 everywhere including moonroof, except 90 on the windshield. The film is more expensive than regular films and it cost approximately $650 installed. It blocks all UV and most IR and greatly reduces heat and glare, but maintains a near stock look and full visibility. If you find yourself waiting on tint while at Precision, be sure to check out the excellent Polish restaurant, Polonia, next door.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome to the ST Nation RockinRican83. I bought my previous Focus from Greenway Ford, but bought the ST from Sun State Ford (closer to where I live now) and got X-Plan without any push back.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got x plan, not sure what push back is. My first new car, I'm excited.
X-Plan participation is optional for dealers. Push back is when you state you want to use X-Plan and the dealer tries to tell you they cannot afford to do that or some other made up story about why they will not accept X-Plan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
39 days and I'll be on my way to flordia!! I just hope my ST makes it in time for my arrival. How long after you guys got your VIN was your car built? I've had my VIN for a week and half but still no window stick and no scheduled build date.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
How long after you guys got your VIN was your car built? I've had my VIN for a week and half but still no window stick and no scheduled build date.
If you click on the picture in my signature or the build details link, you will find this in the first post...

Received VIN#: 28-Sep-2012
Able to view window sticker: 05-Oct-2012
Scheduled build day: 11-Oct-2012
Actual build date: 12-Oct-2012
Info in ETIS: 15-Oct-2012
Estimated delivery date 1: 22-Oct-2012
Estimated delivery date 2: 26-Oct-2012
Actual delivery date: 24-Oct-2012

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got bad news from Natasha today. Looks like my car won't be built for another 2-3 weeks, then with transport time I won't have my ST waiting for me. At least I will get compt for the missed delivery date.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts