Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Does anyone know how to change the bootup screen of your MyFordTouch? I have a friend who has a new F-150 truck who changed his, but he wont tell me how..

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Very easy. Once you have the properly formatted image (size) put it on a USB stick. Plug that into the USB port. Go to settings, go to display, go to add images. Once you select the images you want to add I think there is an icon for upload. Once they are uploaded you can select the one you want for your background.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, he asked how to change startup, which I'm not sure is possible currently. Maybe once MFT gets rooted...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ah....there is no way to change the Ford logo start up screen on MFT. Out of curiosity, what did your friend change his too? The current startup screen in the middle of the gauges on F150's shows the built Ford tough logo.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Folks,

Does anyone know how to change the bootup screen of your MyFordTouch? I have a friend who has a new F-150 truck who changed his, but he wont tell me how..
If your friend has changed the bootup screen, they may have figured out how to gain root/admin privileges to MFT. I can understand they may not want to give that info away to anyone, lawyers and companies being the litigious bastards they are, but it may be worth your while to invest in a six-pack and some leading questions.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For me personally, I would rather have MFT running on iOS. Not an Android hater or anything, but it lags too much for my taste. Speaking of Linux, have you seen GM's new Linux based CUE system in the new Cadillacs? From the little time I've had playing around with it, it seems really good. I sure do hope Ford has a new MFT in the works.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For me personally, I would rather have MFT running on iOS. Not an Android hater or anything, but it lags too much for my taste. Speaking of Linux, have you seen GM's new Linux based CUE system in the new Cadillacs? From the little time I've had playing around with it, it seems really good. I sure do hope Ford has a new MFT in the works.
Android doesn't lag at all unless it is running on sub-par hardware with bloatware, which can often be the case. With the hardware they are using an Android version (since its open sourced as well) would be more likely. Either way, it would be so stripped down that I'm sure performance wouldn't be an issue. I just wish they would get it up to date, my 5 year old home built car computer was much much faster.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Android doesn't lag at all unless it is running on sub-par hardware with bloatware, which can often be the case. With the hardware they are using an Android version (since its open sourced as well) would be more likely. Either way, it would be so stripped down that I'm sure performance wouldn't be an issue. I just wish they would get it up to date, my 5 year old home built car computer was much much faster.
Android does lag. That's been one of the biggest knocks about the Android OS. Just do a simple google search and you will find hundreds of articles about it. It shows in speed tests as well versus phones that have lesser hardware specs such as an iPhone. Even ICS lags. The main reason for lag is how Android OS treats UI rendering. There is more to it, but I will stop there. I don't want to turn this into a Android vs iOS pissing contest. Back to Ford, the biggest issue with MFT is the use of Flash. Many people want to put the blame on Microsoft, but Windows CE isn't the problem. Poor third party programming and using flash are the main culprits of MFT. Rumor now says Ford is rebuilding MFT on a Windows 8 variant.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I can believe that since the processor in the current MFT is based around an ARM A8, so it wouldn't be hard to modify the tablet version of Win8 for the car.
Exactly. Based on the rumors, it sounds like it's going to be basically like a windows tablet or windows phone embedded in the dash with a custom Metro UI. There is a rumor of a major MFT update before the end of the year. With Windows 8 releasing in a matter of days, maybe we will see a new MFT this year. I hope so anyway. I tried to pry out information from a Ford Rep, but they were silent. They did hint at an update though. We will see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmm, if they switched to Windows 8 is that something that could be done with just a USB update, or will it require newer hardware as well? I'd love to have a Windows 8 based MFT in the ST.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hmm, if they switched to Windows 8 is that something that could be done with just a USB update, or will it require newer hardware as well? I'd love to have a Windows 8 based MFT in the ST.
The current hardware should be sufficient. Updates are done with a USB. The major update this past spring was sent out on a USB stick from Ford. Some owners did have to take their vehicles to the dealership for the update, others received the USB in the mail. The update was the same time they upgraded the navigation software. Ford started using a different company this year to provide the navigation software. The navigation we have now is much better then the last version.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Windows 8 RT would be the most likely candidate if rumors are hinting towards a windows 8 variant.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 (That is reacting as quick as I can touch it no lag ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts