Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased on Thursday night after a whirlwind romance following a test drive the Sunday prior. My local Ford dealership found me the color and options I wanted and we had a deal.

Today I had the day off and got to spend all morning getting to know her, acclimating myself to FWD (having come from an AWD Saabaru and all RWD before that), and taking some fun pics.

Here is my Oxford White 2013 Ford Focus ST w/ ST2 package, navigation and moonroof.

Hope you enjoy the pics! (And yes, I know the post processing isn't for everyone - I was just having fun!).

PS - I've already found a weird ding/scratch on the rear bumper. Just a couple hundred miles. Sigh! Bound to happen though so I may as well get used to it. Of course a touch up pen is already on the way...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's beautiful Chops. I can't wait for my Oxford ST2!
Thanks!

You're going to love it, the car, the color, everything. So glad I insisted on the dealership finding me Oxford White rather than settle on another color that wasn't me (I like all the colors the ST comes in, but I'm a bit too introverted for some of them...).

And for those that may be nitpicking, I do know the car is dirty in the pics. I spent the morning driving the heck out of the car on wet dirty roads.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very nice photos, what camera did you use?

White is my one of my favorite colors, right behind black, of course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice photos, what camera did you use?

White is my one of my favorite colors, right behind black, of course.
Thanks!

Just a Canon T2i w/ the kit lens and then the nifty fifty. I'd love to go full-frame but my wallet (and my wife) won't allow it, so I do what I can with the crop sensor camera.

If anyone wants an original high-res copy of any of the above photos, just PM me and I'll send them your way (sans watermark).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just a Canon T2i w/ the kit lens and then the nifty fifty. I'd love to go full-frame but my wallet (and my wife) won't allow it, so I do what I can with the crop sensor camera.
Have you considered grabbing a used 5D classic? I picked one up about 4 years ago for $900, and with the 5DMkIII being out I bet you can find them for even lower now, but it's a damn good body. I love full frame way too much to ever go back to a crop-body.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you considered grabbing a used 5D classic? I picked one up about 4 years ago for $900, and with the 5DMkIII being out I bet you can find them for even lower now, but it's a damn good body. I love full frame way too much to ever go back to a crop-body.
Oh I'll definitely buy a used full-frame in a few years... but I just got the T2i two years ago and it's a great little camera with plenty of life left.

But when that thing goes, it'll definitely be a FF body that replaces it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gorgeous gorgeous pictures!! I really need to take my car out with my good camera. Cell phone pictures only look so good. lol
Yes, you really do need to take some pics with your best camera. She deserves it, doesn't she?

I spent hours last night mapping a route around the area with places I thought might be good for photos and they were literally all a bust. But I didn't care - driving from spot to spot was the best part!

And when it started to rain as I drove home I had a great excuse to play w/ the shots in Lightroom (even though I'd much rather be driving).

·
Registered
52 Posts
awesome pictures!! Oxford ST3 on the way...The build up from these forums has literally created an impatient monster in me. Def. a must to grab best cam available and take some pics. great editing. might have to hit u up for one of those to suit as a background :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, incredible photos. I thought I was looking at a magazine photo shoot, but those are actually better.

BTW, the T2i is a great camera. That's the one I use as well.

Speaking of post processing, are you into the HDR look? I plan on doing a bunch of HDR's when I get my ST.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, incredible photos. I thought I was looking at a magazine photo shoot, but those are actually better.

BTW, the T2i is a great camera. That's the one I use as well.

Speaking of post processing, are you into the HDR look? I plan on doing a bunch of HDR's when I get my ST.
I've yet to master realistic looking HDR. I end up with blown out colors or glowing trees and buildings.

Looking forward to seeing yours though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts