Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preface: This thread is for information, conjecture, and tracking of the "lost batch". Please stay on topic.

Background: Ordered 7/15, built 8/28, ETA 1 9/10, ETA 2 9/24, ETA 3 9/27. Last update 9/15. SVT says no new info, Natasha says it's been "scanned for transit updates".

Here's what's new. I went to see my dealer today because I've started looking at other options. A MINI dealer is bending over backward (even to the point of negotiating, which MINI dealers never do on new models) to get me into a brand new 2013 Mini Cooper S and I am sorely tempted, to be honest. I therefore went to my dealer today with three questions: where is my car, what has caused the delay, and when will it be here? What follows is my best attempt to cover what was a long, rambling conversation. Let me clarify that I do not have an issue with my dealer or the car, but rather with the lack of information and the cognitive dissonance associated with the way things have worked.

My dealer first told me that as cars are built, the shipping lot fills from back to front, then ships from front to back. He claimed that could be a cause of the delay. I responded that I found this credible, but inconsistent with the fact that cars built both one and now even two weeks on either side have been shipped and received. He claimed that he had before received cars built, say, on 9/30 before cars built on, say, 9/1 and that it was common. He also stated that he often receives cars with no transit updates.

One thing that did disappointment me is that he kept saying that he couldn't speak to the truth of my "sources" (read: FSTN), but that what he was giving me was a "straight answer". I'm a bit disappointed at that, since we have such knowledgeable people here. At one point I did say that I was ready to cancel my order to which he replied that my deposit was non-refundable. I countered with "I do not recall signing anything to that effect", to which he stated that it was SOP for special order cars. That's something I can deal with later if necessary.

I suppose the real benefit I received was that he said he would get in touch with a contact at the factory and get back to me within 24 hours. So, hopefully tomorrow I'll have some information.

So, as they say on Top Gear, "that's the newwwwwwws". Anyone else have anything?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I was promised that the regional rep would be contacted but I haven't heard anything. I win not accept a November delivery of my ST.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah im a member of the club to. i am going looking at other dealers tomorow cause i need a car i sold my car. I just cant believe that no one can find out what is the hold up i mean i live 3 hours away from the plant and i know it dont take this long to drive to ohio from michigan. I have been givien two etas already and both have come and gone. So i just want my ST already.

·
4,009 Posts
I am loosing enthusiasm at this point. The thought of getting a new car just before the lousy Upstate NY winter sets in isn't all that exciting. I'm thinking I can buy my fathers car and drive it though the winter and order a ST3 for delivery in the spring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me, it's just a matter of "do I want to continue to deal with this company"? The ST3 orderers get (rightly deserved, IMO) little things to tide them over due to the delay, but all I want is some detailed information (cost: $0.00), and.....nothing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pro Tip #1: Don't expect answers from your dealer

I am waiting to hear back from my dealer (they promised a call yesterday; instead I got a call yesterday and today from a different dealer).

As for non-refundableness, this new dealer was saying to make sure that you put money down as a deposit, not a down payment. I guess the difference between the two is the difference between getting your money back and not. I'm pretty sure I put a deposit down, but trying to figure that out still.

As it is, I'm on hold unti a refi is wrapped up, which is being pushed back to mid-oct, sooooooo.... more waiting.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there's nothing listed on my Retail Buyer's Order as a Down Payment, so I think I'm in the clear there. In fact, the only thing I have showing I paid a deposit is a print-out and a slip from the service dept (which is the only place in the dealership with a card reader) for the amount.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Chad. Misery and company and all that. Might I suggest something similar for the ST3s? Delayed ST3s or something like that? They deserve some love too. Or, perhaps, ST3: Delayed for Swag.

·
4,009 Posts
Thanks for the laugh Chad! That put a smile on my face along with the salt on my wound.

Reactions: Durp

·
4,009 Posts
I'm going to get it tattooed on my ass.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm sick of waiting myself. I also have to deal with upstate NY wintertime soon. I was extremely excited at the beginning of this pre-order thing. Now that people are driving around in a car they heard about two weeks ago, and I sit wondering why my car has been sitting in a lot for over a month.....not so much.

Here is a thread I made that shows our shipping times are not normal, that or everyone here is lying (as my dealer would say):

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-general-discussion/1985-factory-dealership-4.html

·
4,009 Posts
Yeah, I've kind of lost the will to fight. If it shows up, great if not, I have a plan b

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm supposed to hear something this afternoon from the sales manager at my dealer after he talks to "his guy at the plant". Honestly, I'm not expecting much. Any tips on getting my deposit back without resorting to threatening legal action or reversing card charges in case things go south?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just got off the phone with SVT - listed as "Released - Awaiting Shipment" since 9/15. ETA still shows 9/27. No railcar assignment, but at least has a train company assignment. No updates since 9/15. No answers. Not good. Not good.

:S:S:S:S:S

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Found your ST Bill

2012-09-28_09-23-02_834.jpg 2012-09-28_09-22-55_758.jpg

I really hope its yours man. I'm on I-80 OH

1 - 20 of 69 Posts