Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cobb AccessPort Sale Plus EFI DP & 3" Exhaust Rebate

Lets kick off the new AP from COBB with a great sale for you guys just in time for the holidays. The AP will be available to ship from COBB starting on 12/12/12 ;). These will also be eligible for Free Overnight Shipping This means you still have time to place your order. Once your order is placed you will be sent a paypal invoice. I am willing to offer this at $595.00 and extend a $25 Discount on our 3" Downpipe & Exhaust System. So buy Our Stage 2 DP & Exhaust and save a total of $50.00. This offer is valid even if you buy the exhaust & DP at a later date as long as your AP was originally purchased from us.

Now some might ask why choose this over the already popular SCT X3. Well, being a vendor of both products ill try to explain this as unbiased as possible.

• End user tuneability once the AP software is released
  • Compact Size
  • Store Up To 100 Maps
  • Comes Loaded W/ Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3 Tunes

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'll be the first to say it. WOW, that's expensive!!!

Reactions: RPhilMan1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AP modules have been the same price for years. In the end you pay more for the fact that youll be able to tune the AP on your own. That is not the case when you purchase a SCT X3. Each has its own benefit and so the end user must make their own decision in the end.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Please. This a vendor thread. Keep it on topic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Premium also wasnt $4.00 4 years ago. Ive been selling AP for the same price for the last couple years. Sorry if the fact that the AP is too much to justify being able to tune your own vehicle. But i paid $1800.00 for a ecu to tune my Genesis, $1400.00 for my Supra and $600.00 for my old Hondas. So i dont honestly consider this too pricey for whats available to the end user. This is why COBB has been successful with what they provide. if you just want something generic that will work for the average person then the SCT is fine for you. If you want some of the features COBB offers then its a good buy for you. Not trying to bite your head of just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My apologies Chad and EFI. With these TQ gains, will this have a problem with the capacity of the stock clutch? I understand TQ is the main component here. I'm worried, if I purchase this, that with the improved torque, the life of the clutch will be depleted in a short amount of time. As we all know, clutches are not cheap....especially with a FWD vehicle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Coming from the VW/Audi world where software upgrades are minimum $500 this is perfectly reasonable to me.

It is clear that this motor is tuned pretty aggressively from the factory, and there isn't a ton of room for improvement with the k03 turbo. VW tuners have been working with a 2 liter k03 turbo motor since 2006. While there gains are larger with just a tune, it is because they are so conservative from the factory.

I'll happily plunk down $575 for this. And I look forward to seeing was type of gains addition supporting mods bring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3 (smile!) owner here, and a COBB AP user for last 3 months. This is one of the best tools I purchased for my car. If you are at all interested in what your motor is doing, tuning, modding, reading CEL codes (caused by your mods!), and most important to me, data logging, this is a must have. Very simple to use, and great support from COBB.

I consider the price to be paying for not just the hardware, but also the custom maps, and the ability to modify your tune through the AccessTuner race (ATR) software.

I also have an Utraguage for every day use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They will most likely retail for $595.00 normally

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I sell the SCT and retail is only 469.00 MAP pricing is $379.00 so they are being sold $20.00 over MAP. We will also be posting our products and our upgraded tunes for sale tomorrow when we get off the dyno.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Premium also wasnt $4.00 4 years ago. Ive been selling AP for the same price for the last couple years. Sorry if the fact that the AP is too much to justify being able to tune your own vehicle. But i paid $1800.00 for a ecu to tune my Genesis, $1400.00 for my Supra and $600.00 for my old Hondas. So i dont honestly consider this too pricey for whats available to the end user. This is why COBB has been successful with what they provide. if you just want something generic that will work for the average person then the SCT is fine for you. If you want some of the features COBB offers then its a good buy for you. Not trying to bite your head of just stating my opinion.
:LOL: fair enough man

1 - 20 of 20 Posts