Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Providing the absolute leading edge of Ford Focus ST tuning!

COBB is proud to announce the release of Accesstuner Race tuning software for Accessport equipped USDM 2013 Ford Focus ST vehicles. The Accessport is the industry leading hand-held OEM ECU flashing, managing and monitoring device available for the Focus ST, and when combined with Accesstuner Race software, the result is a groundbreaking, end-user-tunable engine management system with all of the sophistication and drivability inherent in the factory Ford ECU.

Accesstuner provides control of vital engine parameters to the user, such as; VCT (both requested and actual), ignition timing, wastegate duty cycle, fuel tables, torque limiters, throttle control, rev limiters, speed limiters and many more. Over 350 tables in the ECU have been exposed and are editable through Accesstuner, giving unprecedented control of the factory Ford engine management system. Customizable data monitors let the tuner choose which ECU channels are monitored to see how tuning changes impact the behavior of the engine.

The software's built-in data logging capability can capture data from over 150 channels from the ECU, including; timing correction for each cylinder, VCT requested and actual, wastegate duty cycle, 12 different boost related monitors and many more. Data can be recorded simultaneously from multiple monitors across the entire rev-range, allowing detailed data analysis after a dynamometer test.

3-D graphical mapping gives the user a comprehensive view of across three axis to evaluate where performance can be maximized. An integral dashboard shows user-chosen gauges to be displayed during the tuning process. The FORD Accesstuner Tuning Guide is a great reference to learn more about how the Ford Focus ST ECU operates and how changes to tables will impact engine performance.

Data Logging

Throttle Mapping

Torque Limit Table

Ignition Timing Table

Focused on providing a full tuning solution!

With the release of our Accesstuner Race software, we have also updated the Accessport firmware to provide the most powerful, tested, proven, and up-to-date Off-The-Shelf maps for all of our staged packages such as the Stage2 Package!

The Off-The-Shelf maps work as a great starting point for custom tunes, so tuning from scratch is not necessary but fully available. When opening the software, all factory Ford ECU settings are initialized by default. Users can then load and modify OTS calibrations and create multiple maps to accommodate different bolt-on parts, turbo-upgrades, fuel types, throttle response, environments, fuel economy, etc. Once tuning is complete, all of the custom maps can be loaded onto the Accessport so you can be ready for any situation with just the push of a button. In addition, maps can be shared with other Accessport tuned Ford Focus ST enthusiasts. This allows more experienced tuners to help out those just getting started in tuning, and allows groups of self-tuners to work together to pool their knowledge and maximize gains for all.

With the unmatched features and convenience of the Accessport, COBB's exceptional customer support, and the addition of our comprehensive new Accesstuner Race custom-tuning software, the true power of Ford Focus ST engine tuning has just been placed into the hands of the enthusiast!

To order your copy of Accesstuner Race tuning software, please visit the Ford Accesstuner Race Product Page.

As always, if you have any questions about the Accessport and Accesstuner, or any other COBB products, please call us at 866-922-3059. You can always be a part of the latest conversations with COBB by tuning in to our our facebook.com/cobbtuning and twitter.com/cobbtuning pages.

Attention Early Adopters!

For a limited time we will be offering Accesstuner Race for free to those who purchased the Accessport at the previous retail price of $595. If you bought an Accessport at the current retail price of $449 you can purchase ATR through the Ford Accesstuner Race Product Page. If you qualify for this promotion please contact us at 866-922-3059 to participate. A valid proof of purchase is required. This promotion will end after 4/30/13!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Braden, can you give us a summary of what has been tweaked in v104 maps compared to v103?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thanks for those links cnstman and faST.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Downloaded the Stage 1 v104 maps, and when I tried to load onto the AP, I got the following message - "4 of these maps don't match the vehicle the AccessPORT is installed to. Are you sure you want to copy these 4 files to the AccessPORT?" I had installed the latest firmware on the AP before trying to load the maps.

I had loaded the prior v103 maps onto the AP and had flashed my ST successfully, so not sure what this new message is all about. Anything I need to do regarding this? Do I need to uninstall and then try to reinstall on my ST?

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Downloaded the Stage 1 v104 maps, and when I tried to load onto the AP, I got the following message - "4 of these maps don't match the vehicle the AccessPORT is installed to. Are you sure you want to copy these 4 files to the AccessPORT?" I had installed the latest firmware on the AP before trying to load the maps.

I had loaded the prior v103 maps onto the AP and had flashed my ST successfully, so not sure what this new message is all about. Anything I need to do regarding this? Do I need to uninstall and then try to reinstall on my ST?
This is a known AP Manager bug and will be fixed on the next APM update. Simply click OK and proceed as normal.

Cheers,
-Braden

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good to see the tweaks continue! I was monitoring the boost pid on the AP the other day and it read 45psi and thought to myself "God I hope not" LOL...must have been one of those little "bugs"

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see the tweaks continue! I was monitoring the boost pid on the AP the other day and it read 45psi and thought to myself "God I hope not" LOL...must have been one of those little "bugs"
Nope, completely normal. When the throttle closes there is a brief boost spike which is filtered by the ECU controls but not the data stream. We capture that in high speed, so you're simply seeing what the ECU chose not to care about ;)

Curious if you disable the active shutter system, does that force them to be closed or open?

Also, I see that this is only compatible with Windows. If you we're to purchase the Windows version, would you be allowed a free upgrade to the OSX version when (or if) it was released?
When disabling the GS they will default to the last position prior to reflash. I run bootcamp on my Macbook for all Tuner related programs. I'm not certain there is a plan in place to do an OSX version of Accesstuner, but I would LOVE to see it as everything runs smoother in my Mountain Lion partition :)

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope, completely normal. When the throttle closes there is a brief boost spike which is filtered by the ECU controls but not the data stream. We capture that in high speed, so you're simply seeing what the ECU chose not to care about ;)

When disabling the GS they will default to the last position prior to reflash. I run bootcamp on my Macbook for all Tuner related programs. I'm not certain there is a plan in place to do an OSX version of Accesstuner, but I would LOVE to see it as everything runs smoother in my Mountain Lion partition :)

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Have you ever try parallels, seems a bit better then bootcamp. You need an intel mac about 8gigs of memory and your good to go.
The VM is very good, we use a lot of this at work for the execs who want the coolness of an iMac with the operation of a pc.
I use parallels on my mac for my sct and osx for your ap.
i have both..yes..I like to have options.. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
anybody else seeing some higher boost numbers with this new tune. i installed the stage 1 93 octane v104 and tonight on the way home my max boost appeared to be be hitting 23ish pounds, i was just looking at the stock boost gauge but it was def going further than where i had ever seen it go before.

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anybody else seeing some higher boost numbers with this new tune. i installed the stage 1 93 octane v104 and tonight on the way home my max boost appeared to be be hitting 23ish pounds, i was just looking at the stock boost gauge but it was def going further than where i had ever seen it go before.
Saw same thing today on 91 LT 104, boost gauge never been that far, hope its safe.
There were no changes to the boost control strategy with the v104 updates, so it may have simply been running happily and healthy with the current weather conditions. The best way to know how much boost you are actually running is to use the datalog feature on the Accessport. The factory gauge leaves much to be desired in terms of accuracy!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

1 - 20 of 43 Posts