Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'd like to know why you'd lease instead of buy, especially since you plan on modding it, but that's for another thread...

If you plan on turning it in (you have options at the end of the lease, if you didn't know), here's the checklist they'll use to determine any charges:
http://credit.ford.com/doc/wear_use_evaluator_card.pdf

Although they don't mention aftermarket parts in the brochure, I'd advise not modifying it unless you plan on buying it out at the end of the lease. Just in case

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have to say i'm with Zulu on this too. I am leasing my ST, 3 yr lease. It's a bit different for me though since I work for Ford, I get D plan pricing. The lease payment is low, when the lease is over I just turn it in and get another new one, I never pay for repairs since it's always under warranty, I never have to pay for any of the major services since mine all have less than 30k on them when i'm done, and the tuner and whatever other add ons can easily be sold afterwards.
I am planning on adding a tuner to mine since I want the added performance while I have it, even if it's only for 3 years.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The AP can be sold, correct? Or used on the next leased ST or other compatible car? Just looking to confirm it isn't tied to a VIN or something like that. Something else to consider is that a leasee may fall in love with the car and buy it at the end of the lease (or have to buy it for financial reasons such as going way over on the mileage).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ahhh but there's a way around the mileage thing Zulu. If you use the car as a trade in instead of waiting until the end of the lease, the mileage doesn't matter anymore. The mileage penalty only applies if the car is kept to the end of the term.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ahhh but there's a way around the mileage thing Zulu. If you use the car as a trade in instead of waiting until the end of the lease, the mileage doesn't matter anymore. The mileage penalty only applies if the car is kept to the end of the term.
Interesting! I've never had a lease and never really looked into the details. I've heard it can work out really well for those who have small businesses and can 'write off' the lease payments or something like that. I'll research it more one of these days. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BTW the 91 octane stage 1 map is awesome! Stomping it in 6th takes you from 80 to wayyy too fast in just a few secs.

I already won a speeding ticket for 80mph! Thankfully it wasn't for 130 or it would've been more than a ticket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts