Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We've been hard at work finalizing the Staged Packages as well as making last minute tweaks to the calibrations. Below you will find information about each of the products we are bringing to market for the 2013 Focus ST. You will also find results from our in-house chassis dynamometer comparing each stage against a well running stock vehicle. We have also broken down each stage each other to show the natural progression of the COBB staged upgrade path.

We have tested every single combination of hard parts and calibrations to come up with the most optimal and cost-effective way to take your car through an evolutionary process of performance gains. This car does not follow the common "cookie cutter" modification path like other platforms. We have done extensive R&D to make sure you don't waste hard earned money on modifications that will not deliver the best bang-for-your-buck experience! We have also done extensive calibration testing with each of these parts to ensure maximum safety and performance is achieved at each stage.

As of today, we are officially opening up pre-orders for the Stage2 and Stage3 packages. Pre-orders will be taken over the phone by calling 866-922-3059, or through any of our dealers. We will not be taking pre-orders for individual a-la-cart pieces at this time*. Official launch date for the Stage2 package is 2/28/13 so get your orders in now to guarantee availability! We will also be taking pre-orders for Stage3 with an anticipated availability of 3/28/13. No charges will be incurred until the products are shipped!

*If you already own an Accessport, we will accept pre-orders for the staged package less AP as listed below.

Our products:

COBB Accessport - Price $595

COBB Front Mount Intercooler - Price $1095 – Available 2/28/13

COBB Intake System - Price $299 – Available 2/28/13

COBB Downpipe - Price $599 – Available 2/28/13

COBB Catback Exhaust - Price $799 – ETA 3/28/13

Here is a break-down of each individual stage, the products required, and their power gains.

Stock vs Stage1 - Price $595

Stage1 minimum requirements: COBB Accessport
Recommended modifications: COBB Rear Motor Mount
Optional modifications: COBB Intake, COBB Catback Exhaust

Stock vs Stage2 - Retail Price: $1989 | Package Price $1849 | Package Price Less AP: $1279

Stage2 minimum requirements: COBB Accessport, COBB Front Mount Intercooler System, COBB Intake System
Optional modifications: COBB Catback Exhaust

Stock vs Stage3 - Retail Price: $3387 | Package Price $3100 | Package Price Less AP: $2559

Stage3 minimum requirements: COBB Accessport, COBB Front Mount Intercooler System, COBB Intake System, COBB Downpipe, COBB Catback Exhaust

We have also broken down each stage against each other to show the natural progression of performance.

Stage1 vs Stage2

Stage1 vs Stage3

Stage2 vs Stage3

Finally, we end with a comparison of a stock vehicle and Stage1 through Stage3.

Stock + All Stages

As always, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask any of us. We will always provide you with honest, accurate, and detailed answers based from the massive amount of in house research and development we have done with this platform!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

·
Registered
59 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but would one need a tune with the intake, assuming nothing else is changed? Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It all looks so tempting! Stage 1 is definitely the most bang for the buck, but stage 2 gives a nice progressive improvement in top end power.

As impressive as the power gains are, stage 3 is not in the cards for me. I'd prefer not to to upgrade the exhaust. I like the bi-hexagonal tip and the quiet nature of the stock system. Maybe when it rusts out in a few years I'll consider my options, but I'm too old (mature?) for a loud aftermarket pipe on my daily driver, no matter how high quality it may be.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but would one need a tune with the intake, assuming nothing else is changed? Thanks.
A tune isn't required because the car uses MAP sensors. You won't have optimal gains though.
It all looks so tempting! Stage 1 is definitely the most bang for the buck, but stage 2 gives a nice progressive improvement in top end power.

As impressive as the power gains are, stage 3 is not in the cards for me. I'd prefer not to to upgrade the exhaust. I like the bi-hexagonal tip and the quiet nature of the stock system. Maybe when it rusts out in a few years I'll consider my options, but I'm too old (mature?) for a loud aftermarket pipe on my daily driver, no matter how high quality it may be.
The stock exhaust is stainless steel. It will last longer than the amount of time you own the car haha. Just do a downpipe and keep the factory catback.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a question. I see the dynos show the v100 map....didn't you guys come up with v102 maps that were better?

·
Vendor
35 Posts
I have a question. I see the dynos show the v100 map....didn't you guys come up with v102 maps that were better?
Yes, there are v102 maps for Stage1, but since the Stage2 and Stage3 maps are new, they are v100 (where we start with new map revisions). I believe we're going to bump the revision up to v102 on all maps before release to avoid this confusion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Braden is the down pipe catted or catless? If it has a cat are you going to offer a catless version? You've got to love Florida with there no emissions.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Braden is the down pipe catted or catless? If it has a cat are you going to offer a catless version? You've got to love Florida with there no emissions.
We comply with emissions standards, so we will only offer downpipes with a catalytic converter. Our quality high flow cat is going to have a negligible power difference from a straight pipe.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts