Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Colorado

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  screamnst 
#1 ·
Dont really consider CO southwest but i guess it goes here. Im on the front range. Just ordered my st2 in performance blue.

#5 ·
I have a few friends along the front range, and Copper Mountain is among my favorite ski destinations. I would love to drive the ST through the mountains in autumn. /jealous

Welcome to the ST Nation!

#8 ·
When the roads are clear with only a slight chill in the air, all those switchbacks on highway 40 on the way up to Winter Park would be amazing. I'm sure there are much better/scenic roads than that, but most of my trips to the Colorado mountains have been for skiing, though one of my favorite trips did not involve any snow...Oktober Fest in Breckenridge.

#9 · (Edited)
I want to drive the Million Dollar Highway from Ouray to Silverton. Ideally, I want to drive my ST when the aspen trees are at the peak of their autumn colors. Obviously, will have to wait until 2013. Dreaming of this trip in my ST with the moonroof open breathing that crisp, clean, mountain air! The ST is going to be such a fun car to drive in Colorado (or any state for that matter). So many beautiful trips and awesome highways out here!

This is a great youtube video that shows this section of highway. Good soundtrack also.

Can't wait to make some sweet videos like this when I receive my GoPro from Ford!!

#19 ·
Have new ST, traded Screamer for Ingot Silver ST3. I know we are headed into winter (blah) but its a good time to think and plan for next spring. I am on the Octane Academy email list and there most recent update states a schedule will be out the first of the year. It would be cool if those of us who want to do this coordinte dates and go together. Been there and done that, it's definitly a must do. There is a possibility that we could do a hot lap or two in our own cars. How about considering a gathering at High Plains Rwy next year, run if you want, or just come out to show and support. Not just a CO thing, all ST's (yup, Fiesta's too) can come. My race wheels/tires are sitting here in my office, waiting for warm weather (oh, that smell of new rubber, so good).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.