Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Last night I drove home from work picked the girlfriend up and went to the shops I could smell something and a look everything seemed fine. Going home I heard a tappet sound under engine load.. At the lights I revved the engine and heard a tappet sound, while driving it sounds like an engine that has the ignition timing over advanced.. Nannaerd the car home turn off engine. Looking over the engine I noticed the lower radiator hose had popped off... Torque pro app read 101 degrees at one point and was wondering why the temperature didn't drop as I was moving.. Long story short I reconnected the hose filled with water removed air from system and went for a drive and the tappet sound is gone completely, engine sounds fine, oil is normal colour, exhaust is normal. Drove to work this morning and everything seems as it was before but I didn't drive it hard. Today I will get a proper hose clamp and some new coolant. Fingers crossed that the engine is OK because I thought that was the end of it.....!!!!!!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts