Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am pretty bummed, I went by 2 dealers today to place an order on my ST but it seems nobody has their ordering managers working on Saturdays, so Monday 1 dealer will e-mail me their price and I will negotiate via e-mail and then Wednesday I have an appointment to with another dealer and I will see who will give me the best price.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Good luck. I am sure after this next week all dealers will be able to order. At least we hope....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the negotiations have begun, I have my secret weapon negotiating for me, the best negotiator I know so I should be able to get this car pretty cheap.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My secret negotiating weapon is my mother, she is great at negotiating and is VERY determined. The dealer we were negotiating with today was only willing to go $200 under MSRP which wasn't acceptable to us, their reasoning was they are only getting 1 ST(supposedly) and they would rather put it on the front lot for more than MSRP(supposedly they are selling Boss302's on their front lot for $5k over MSRP). So Wednesday we will just negotiate in person at the Ford dealer I used to work at.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Please to be providing said secret weapon negotiator tips!
There is no secret.

If you are willing to walk away when you don't get the price you want, you always have the power.

That doesn't mean you'll always get the car, however. It's going to be a while before dealerships have much incentive to bargain on these things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts