Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the current order time (from placement to delivery) would be for an ST2?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No word yet. People who preordered haven't even gotten vin numbers yet. But, I expect a lot more info this month.

Via Tapatalk on iPhone

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just wanted to bump this thread because I have a similar question. If I was going to order this week, is there a rough estimate as to when I'd get the car in? Sometime in September?

·
Registered
53 Posts
2 other related questions - 1) Can dealer submit with different order types/priorities? and 2) Does anyone know an estimate of how many vehicles the plant can generally produce in a given week?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just figured I should update this, I placed an order yesterday and they said roughly "late October, early November", but that was nothing official and just a rough estimate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just figured I should update this, I placed an order yesterday and they said roughly "late October, early November", but that was nothing official and just a rough estimate.
I dunno, I wonder some of us who have ordered within in the last couple of weeks probably would have been better off just waiting for the dealer ones to be shipped and picking over those. Over the next 10 days, there will probably be anywhere from 6-15 ST's sitting on a lot within 30 miles of me.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I dunno, I wonder some of us who have ordered within in the last couple of weeks probably would have been better off just waiting for the dealer ones to be shipped and picking over those. Over the next 10 days, there will probably be anywhere from 6-15 ST's sitting on a lot within 30 miles of me.
Been thinking about this as well. Going to keep my eyes open at the local dealers at least and check out the first ST they get. In a way though, I'd almost rather have my car be in the middle of a production run than at the beginning. It may not make any difference in reality, but who knows?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I checked all the dealer ordered ST's in a pretty big radius around me before I placed my order and none of them had what I wanted. No whites at all and all the ST2s had sunroofs or NAV, which I didn't want.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Two dealers within 40 miles of me have an ST in stock, but not the dealer I ordered from. Might have to swing by to have a look tomorrow and maybe test drive (if they aren't gone already!) ;)

Right now from order to delivery for any trim I would imagine the wait would be about 8-10 weeks at the earliest, but that is purely a guess. They are in the middle of scheduling all the ST2 pre-orders and the 9 or so ST1 pre-orders, and it will likely take the next month to get through those before they (hopefully) begin scheduling the ST3s and other retail orders. Typically from what I've seen, it is 3-4 weeks once your car is built before it is ready to be sold but this can vary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered a ST2 Blue last Saturday, (8/18) and my sales person said 6-8 weeks. I think he was being very optimistic, or just clueless. He did say that the dealership wasn't going to order any stock, only customer orders and this would help the allocation get delivered faster. IDK, just reporting what they said. I'm excited, but planning for a long wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I checked all the dealer ordered ST's in a pretty big radius around me before I placed my order and none of them had what I wanted. No whites at all and all the ST2s had sunroofs or NAV, which I didn't want.
Beach Ford is now listing a White ST2 with no options.:thumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Beach Ford is now listing a White ST2 with no options.:thumb:
Looks like that one has a moonroof and the tangerine scream interior, so hopefully that's not mine! Haha. Do customer orders show up on the dealer inventory page, since they aren't really going to be up for sale?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like that one has a moonroof and the tangerine scream interior, so hopefully that's not mine! Haha. Do customer orders show up on the dealer inventory page, since they aren't really going to be up for sale?
Oops your right it has a moonroof. I certainly hope your order wouldn't show up on dealer inventory.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im good at waiting. I ordered a custom steel bicycle frameset in Jan 2009, and finally got it March 2012. This should be a cakewalk by comparison.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts