Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI....I just recieved the focus ST training package today with all specs and info to prepare salesman for the orders for the ST...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
FYI....I just recieved the focus ST training package today with all specs and info to prepare salesman for the orders for the ST...
That would be the same thing that we just got from Switzerland? I bet if one of us asked we could get the dealer to share the information with us.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to ask my boss if I can post it,says ford confidential info..... But basicly it says alot of what we already know,listing the three stages avaliable ST stage1# 200A , ST stage2 201A ,stage3 202A...Stage 3 includes.......
- Cornering lamps
- LED signature lighting
- Heated exterior mirrors
- HID (high-intensity discharge) headlamps
- Overhead console
- Rear-seat armrest
- Recaro leather-trimmed heated front seats
- Voice-activated Navigation System with SiriusXM
Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link
Ambient lighting

More importantly it should be an indication we are getting close...I will answer any questions that I can thanks...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Well see if you can't post it if you blank out information we are not suppose to see. :O: Thanks for this update gzfocus!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Thanks for the info. Was working on getting the confirmation from my dealership.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Thanks for the info! I think you just got everyone VERY excited. :D
I don't mean to fill this thread with question after question and I realize we'll probably find this out soon, but can you tell the NA world if we'll have the Recaro seats standard on the base model (ST1)?
I think that is one of the big questions right now because there has been great debate on if the ST comes standard with Recaro's.

Dan

·
4,009 Posts
It's floating around. Several sources claim to have it in their hands. I'm pointing my dealership in the right direction. Seems sad, but they don't know it's there but then again, they aren't looking for it every day like we are. I'm

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info! I think you just got everyone VERY excited. :D
I don't mean to fill this thread with question after question and I realize we'll probably find this out soon, but can you tell the NA world if we'll have the Recaro seats standard on the base model (ST1)?
I think that is one of the big questions right now because there has been great debate on if the ST comes standard with Recaro's.

Dan
No... Recaro's are NOT standard,sorry...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting note in the specs I have here,it says 90% of the torque comes in at 1750 RPM so this should be a nice little torque monster... also the transmission has a very low 1st gear ratio at 3.23... then 2nd through 5th gears are very tight ratio to keep the engine in the sweet spot for power,then 6th gear high for fuel economy which oddly enough it doesn't list fuel economy in this document....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 MODES OF ADVANCE TRACK

Further enhancements have been made to the Focus ST’s AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control System, with
emphasis placed on driver enjoyment. Drivers will have three modes to choose from — Standard, Sport and Off.
These can be selected according to weather and road conditions or simply to match the driver’s desire for help from
additional driving aids.
Standard mode — AdvanceTrac, but
specifically tuned for the ST to be
nonintrusive. Designed for all road
surfaces and road conditions —
dry, wet or snow. Provides
confidence to drive safely regardless
of the conditions.
Sport mode — Traction control
Off, AdvanceTrac On. Traction
is controlled by the driver and
AdvanceTrac will activate only when
necessary. Provides more spirited
driving performance.
Off — designed for racetrack use,
gives full control of chassis to the
driver. AdvanceTrac and traction
control fully Off. Torque Vectoring
Control remains active, optimizing
the sporty handling characteristics
the Focus ST.

·
Registered
549 Posts
We must be getting close to something with all these details appearing. Lisa already confirmed that the base model would come with "ST branded cloth sport seats"...which either means they're a step down from Recaro's....or they're still Recaro's but without the 'branding' and maybe slightly less bolster material etc. Makes me think of Nike T-shirts coming off the line, the plain ones go left on the conveyor for $9.99, the Nike ones go right, get a Nike logo and sell for $29.99.
I'm not reading too much into the torque numbers at 1750, I remember the first WRX said all torque available at some low number and it was just marketing, there was major turbo-lag at those numbers. Anyway, at least there is more info trickling out. Maybe next week we'll find out the tire pressure, then the week after that how many threads the gas-cap has.......! That should keep us going until about August.

·
4,009 Posts
Will post info soon. Have it in my hands.

·
4,009 Posts
How about 30 min

1 - 20 of 249 Posts