Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The X-Type has gotten a bad rap. I don't disagree that it needed to change... instead Jaguar abandoned the hotly contested segment that the BMW 3-Series and MB C-Class competed in, but it was a fabulous car... especially once they worked the kinks out. I think it looks infinitely better than a 3 or C-Class of it's generation and it's been a great car. Standard All Wheel Drive. It certainly could be a bit more powerful, but it had the BEST version of Ford's 3.0L V6 ever made (even over the Lincoln LS Version).

From a sales and marketing perspective it was a bust... but I'll say this... I just test drove a loaded 2013 Lincoln MKZ and when I got back in my Jag I felt like I had taken big step up in fit, finish, and quality of materials over the Lincoln. It's been a great car and everyone I know that owns or has owned an X-Type that was newer than 2002/2003 has loved their Jag.

·
Registered
700 Posts
James,

My X-Type is based on the same PLATFORM as the Mondeo. All similarities end there. Platform engineering is not new or uncommon or even undesired. Honestly... I would expect almost anyone on a forum like this to not make asinine comments like this. I don't know ANYONE who has ever been in an X-Type that notices ANY similarity to a Mondeo except for the size. They share *nothing* else. It is not simply a "fancied up" version like a Mercury or even Lincoln is over a Ford.
LOL thats a snappy come back, try researching the engine and the drive train, global usage. This is what has kept Ford above Opel/GM and Chrysler in the world markets. I have driven several Jags and Mondeo vehicles, they all come down to vehicle support, none in the US. Much like most of the big 8, they are learning to use each others technologies on each others platforms.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well you and I have different meanings for the word "research." While the block is unchanged across the usage of the 3.0L V6, the entire top end of the motor, as well as pistons, rods, crank, and exhaust manifold back are unique to a lot of different applications of that motor... the X-Types being the most sophisticated, fuel efficient, and powerful.

If you've driven both an X-Type and Mondeo then I wonder what you're even DOING trying to appreciate a car like a Focus ST... after all... it shares most of ALL it's bits with a generic Focus and it's powertrain with the exception of its transmission with a host of other Ford vehicles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well you and I have different meanings for the word "research." While the block is unchanged across the usage of the 3.0L V6, the entire top end of the motor, as well as pistons, rods, crank, and exhaust manifold back are unique to a lot of different applications of that motor... the X-Types being the most sophisticated, fuel efficient, and powerful.

If you've driven both an X-Type and Mondeo then I wonder what you're even DOING trying to appreciate a car like a Focus ST... after all... it shares most of ALL it's bits with a generic Focus and it's powertrain with the exception of its transmission with a host of other Ford vehicles.
No one cares about your [Clarkson]JAAAGGGGG[/Clarkson].

Can we all please end this thread?

·
Registered
700 Posts

Exactly, to include AWD. I have been all over that platform to include stripping several in junkyards all over Europe to looking at them at several auro shows. I have several at length talks to Ford engineers on shared powertrains and chassis over the years, and still do today.

Start checking the new C490 chassis as well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hey Mickey. You may want to try the Focus ST Interior section to find the info or re-post your question (if you don't get a prompt reply here). Not sure if you mean a literal pedal/plate that people install over the carpet or if you mean mats to cover the whole footwell area. I personally went with Husky mats which cover that area. In 2013, Weathertech mats did not cover the foot rest area. Their latest offerings may cover it, not sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Jason...I already have the Weathertech mats (fronts /rears and the cargo) from my Titanium....I was inquiring about the metal footrest that screws into the carpet/floor....wondering if I have to purchase all 4 or if anyone knows where I can just get the footrest one!
Oh...I'll just leave it this time...I didn't notice I was in the wrong section!! Duh...newbie!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Not a problem at all Mickey. Folks aren't very strict around here. You may find more traffic at the Interior section though which can help. Not sure if you can buy only the dead pedal or need to buy a set that covers clutch, brake, and gas too.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts