Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Yes!!!:yay:

I've finally got my prize after waiting so patiently for over 2 years. I've wanted this car since it debuted at the 2010 Paris Motor Show and have had to go through some really tough times with my old 2000 Mercury Mystique. A quick run down on what I have had to replace: Rear Subframe, Rear Brake Cylinders/Drums/Pads, Front Wheel Bearings, Starter, Starter power cables, fuel pump, spark plug wires/plugs, rear brake hard lines, transmission lines, O2 sensor, and other small things. I did most of the work myself and really struggled to get myself to work on a weekly basis. The car was essentially falling apart and there was only 1 heavily rusted fuel tank strap holding the tank up.

It's surreal right now, it really is. I still can't believe I finally have a new car, let alone an ST. I actually had already spent almost $1000 on the ST before it was in my possession. I bought a set of 16" Stock Focus SE rims with ContiProContacts for winter wheels, Weathertech floormats/cargo liner, and detailing products.

A break down of the process:
Ordered: 5/5
Accepted: 5/9
VIN Designated: 9/13
VIN: 1FADP3L93DL154771
Window sticker access: 9/17
Build date: 9/24
Etis build date change: 9/25
Etis expanded: 9/28
ETA: 10/10
Delivery date: 10/4
Pick up date: 10/5

So far I have put 944 miles on the ST. Quite a lot in only 10 days, but I did a lot of necessary traveling this past weekend that put 600 of those miles on it. My average MPG's has been around 28 which is about half highway/half city. I also have been "playing" with the car when it is safe to do so and the mpg's reflect that. The car handles amazing and I can't wait until next spring when I can Auto-X the car. It'll be quite different than the small formula cars I've driven, but I am very excited.

On to some autumn pictures:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you DAN..... THANK YOU DAN... YEA MAANNNN. Glad to someone take some awesome pictures of this car finally. The Performance Blue looks much different in good lighting. Have a blast man and thanks again..

·
Registered
82 Posts
nice looking car Dan sure beats that old one you was talking about them Fords had no good reviews from day one

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Congrats Dan. Looks great. I'm glad the beater held up while waiting.

Chad

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys! It's been a blast so far. I still need to get some better pictures of it, but when I saw that corridor of tree's I knew I had to stop and take a few pictures.

Forget the ST, damn your blue Boss 302 looks awesome!!
I concur. :thumb: That'll be a nice little garage. Boss 302 and ST. I like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts