Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Focus but not ST. It's not like you can hide the center exhaust. Dead giveaway.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Focus emblem will be coming off as well. I just want to be sure there isn't a hole in the sheet metal for locating it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My ST3 is going to be Race Red... the emblem is going to look fine on the front... but the rear is going to blend... I plan on changing the red inlay to black to make it pop more..

·
Registered
617 Posts
My Focus emblem will be coming off as well. I just want to be sure there isn't a hole in the sheet metal for locating it.
No holes. I debadged my Titanium the day I got it. 5 minutes, a hair dryer, and some fishing line = done. I will be keeping ST on mine but removing Focus day one. ;)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I will not remove them. I will however inform the dealer who sells me the car that if there is a dealer logo on the car that I will not accept delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will not remove them. I will however inform the dealer who sells me the car that if there is a dealer logo on the car that I will not accept delivery.
Totally agree! I cant understand why people drive around with dealer stickers or license plate frames.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
DAMN SKIPPY! I will be taking all the badges off of my car AND I will take the 'FORD' badges and recolor them as black and nickle. I am gonna see if I can get some made that are going to be a solid color like a gloss script on a matte background or just a solid color with no logo.

CHAD, I am SO with you about that tacky as heck dealership pimp sticker on the car///

·
Registered
440 Posts
I will be purchasing a spare set of Focus and ST badges and I will be using Duplicolor Shadow to make all of the chrome on the badges black chrome to black out my black ST.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pulled the focus badge moments after pulling into my garage. I always pull model badges, just like the cleaner look....

·
Registered
352 Posts
One of the 1st things I did. because its so new all I had to do was pull some floss behind it and wash around it after I got it off. focus badge= Ugly

·
Registered
768 Posts
What is best to use when removing the badges without effecting the paint?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Fishing line is a little better since it won't break as easily as floss. If there's still some adhesive residue leftover then use some automotive Goo-Gone to get rid of it; auto Goo-Gone is safe on paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
I rocked the license plate frame for a week, but I ripped that Focus emblem off before that. I hate that font, compared to the ST badge. I also want to paint the reflectors in the bumper white. Sleak it up a bit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
DAMN SKIPPY! I will be taking all the badges off of my car AND I will take the 'FORD' badges and recolor them as black and nickle. I am gonna see if I can get some made that are going to be a solid color like a gloss script on a matte background///
Yes.......I plan on taking both mine off and getting ones with matte black instead of blue, and the writing the same white. Would look great on my white ST.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Focus will come off. ST will stay. And the dealer plate frame will also come off should they put one on. They will first need to earn my support before I drive advertisement for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
253 Posts
I even took the front ST emblem off (though there's the grill underneath the front ST emblem is solid, so you can see where it's "supposed" to be. But I do like the clean look all around.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts