Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I took the 'focus' badge off the back, left everything else in place. I used dental floss and it came off easily, leaving a bit of foam residue on the hatch. I rubbed most of it off with my fingers, then a cloth with a bit of WD-40 easily removed any remaining residue. I rinsed off the WD-40 with some water and everything looks perfect.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I removed the focus badge from the back as well. There was no dealership tag. I used a heatgun and some dental floss, was amazed it took less than 2 minutes to pull it off and wipe off the glue using the heatgun and a towel.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
When I had the car detailed, I had the detailer remove the rear Focus badge. I will also be removing the ugly SYNC badge on the interior. I wish there was a way to get rid of that damn Sony logo too. I despise the Sony corporation, but Ford provided no choice for the entertainment system in the ST.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the same, removed the focus badge only.

for the Sony logo, you can always try to remove the finish panel and put black electrical tape on the back side to cover up the led and should essentially make it dissappear.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fully de-badged rear-end:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

I like the cleaner look. I removed the front ST badge too, however I will be nite-shading it and putting it back on.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
for the Sony logo, you can always try to remove the finish panel and put black electrical tape on the back side to cover up the led and should essentially make it dissappear.
I haven't pulled that panel (not sure how), but even when the radio is off the SONY logo is very visible. It appears to be painted on.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It depends on the type of sticker they use. Mine used a laser cut vinyl tape - I took it off with my finger nail, then some goo gone to clean up the residue and then a coat of wax to keep it clean. If it is cold out, heat will help keep more of the glue off the car and on the sticker making residual cleanup easier.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I noticed that ST badges are selling on eBay for about 40 bucks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I want to go the opposite way, and order an EcoBoost logo to put under the ST badge where the SE, whatever is on all the other EcoBoost equipped Fords. It just seems ironic, but that fits me a little better I think.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I plan on taking the Focus logo off and replacing the Red ST with a Blue one on my Oxford White ST. I took the SE and the Focus badges off of my '01 Focus with dental floss and a hairdryer. Easy off even after it had been on for 10 years. Looks a hell of alot cleaner.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts