Ford Focus ST Forum banner

De-badging?

33K views 66 replies 42 participants last post by  Sean25 
#1 ·
Anybody planning on removing the focus and st badges from the rear hatch?

#2 ·
Focus but not ST. It's not like you can hide the center exhaust. Dead giveaway.

On the go via Tapatalk

#8 ·
I will not remove them. I will however inform the dealer who sells me the car that if there is a dealer logo on the car that I will not accept delivery.

#11 ·
DAMN SKIPPY! I will be taking all the badges off of my car AND I will take the 'FORD' badges and recolor them as black and nickle. I am gonna see if I can get some made that are going to be a solid color like a gloss script on a matte background or just a solid color with no logo.

CHAD, I am SO with you about that tacky as heck dealership pimp sticker on the car///

#18 ·
DAMN SKIPPY! I will be taking all the badges off of my car AND I will take the 'FORD' badges and recolor them as black and nickle. I am gonna see if I can get some made that are going to be a solid color like a gloss script on a matte background///
Yes.......I plan on taking both mine off and getting ones with matte black instead of blue, and the writing the same white. Would look great on my white ST.

#17 ·
I rocked the license plate frame for a week, but I ripped that Focus emblem off before that. I hate that font, compared to the ST badge. I also want to paint the reflectors in the bumper white. Sleak it up a bit.

#21 ·
I took the 'focus' badge off the back, left everything else in place. I used dental floss and it came off easily, leaving a bit of foam residue on the hatch. I rubbed most of it off with my fingers, then a cloth with a bit of WD-40 easily removed any remaining residue. I rinsed off the WD-40 with some water and everything looks perfect.

#28 ·
When I had the car detailed, I had the detailer remove the rear Focus badge. I will also be removing the ugly SYNC badge on the interior. I wish there was a way to get rid of that damn Sony logo too. I despise the Sony corporation, but Ford provided no choice for the entertainment system in the ST.

#31 ·
for the Sony logo, you can always try to remove the finish panel and put black electrical tape on the back side to cover up the led and should essentially make it dissappear.
I haven't pulled that panel (not sure how), but even when the radio is off the SONY logo is very visible. It appears to be painted on.

#30 ·
Fully de-badged rear-end:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

I like the cleaner look. I removed the front ST badge too, however I will be nite-shading it and putting it back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.