Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have sat in the ST in person, did it have a dead pedal? My Titanium doesn't have one and Im hoping the ST being a "sporty " version has one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cripes...that doesn't sound like it should be a big deal...but it really is! Now I'm curious...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sux if it doesn't. I had to get Husky floor liners for mine cuz i didn't want the carpet there getting all grungy and dirty. Im so used to putting my foot there.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Weathertech digital fit mats cover the area well. There are also aftermarket solutions if there isn't one.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
My 2012 Focus SEL has a dead pedal, it's covered with carpet, several other vehicles I have had we're the same way.

Never could understand all the fuss that it isn't a plastic or metal piece. The fact that it is raised and flat is what matters.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A dead pedal is a fake pedal on the left side where you can rest your foot when it's not on the clutch.
It can provide good firm flat place to put your foot, which is extremely useful in hard corning to brace yourself.
Dead pedals are nice because they tend to be a harder and flatter(sp?) spot to put your foot than just a carpeted bubble on the floor.
If they put a dead pedal in, it also is more likely that it's better placed for more comfort and support.

Though, in my Acura TL, the dead pedal is probably a full 3-4 inches behind the rest of the pedals and makes the driving position a bit awkward.

Oh and dead pedals look nice too... :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hmm no dead pedal? That will be slightly awkward to get used to. Probably less so than I'm thinking, but I've gotten quite used to having one over the years.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2012 Focus SEL has a dead pedal, it's covered with carpet, several other vehicles I have had we're the same way.

Never could understand all the fuss that it isn't a plastic or metal piece. The fact that it is raised and flat is what matters.
My Titanium has this "bump" as well but its not a dead pedal. It needs to be metal or hard plastic to be a true dead pedal. I guess Im just spoiled cuz all the other manuals I've had in my lifetime have had them.....:(

·
Registered
373 Posts
All of the automatics I've owned have had one too. It's much easier to keep clean as metal or plastic than just a bump in the carpet, unless the all weather mats happen to cover that spot up. No dead pedal would suck.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weathertech and Husky have liners that will cover it. I chose Husky in mine (even though i prefer weathertech ) because it covers more of the dead pedal area. Wish Weathertech would change their design.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It does look like it has an area where you can rest your foot. Sadly it's covered in cloth. I'll probably screw on a metal plate there. They sell ford branded dead pedals on ebay.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Finding a dead pedal solution will not be difficult by any means, though some will probably balk at having to drill a hole or three in a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Oh yeah that needs a metal plate! As far as drilling into a brand new car, you could pull back the carpet and apply a piece of wood or plastic with industrial double side tape, lay the carpet back down and then screw the dead pedal plate into that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts