Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back injuries no longer allow me to detail my cars the way I want to, so I am looking for a professional detailer in the Orlando/Winter Garden/Lake Windermere area. I have no interest in a mobile detailer. I want a professional shop that has fully enclosed cleaning areas, uses proper techniques, and uses the highest grade products. When I take delivery of my ST, I will not have the dealership clean it, but will take it directly to the detailer to have a gentle foam wash, clay, pre-wax polish, overnight seal, and finally wax. I realize this will be expensive, but worth it if done right. In the wrong hands, an inexperienced detailer can quickly destroy your car's appearance. If you know someone with the right skills, equipment, and product, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After posting, it occurred to me that this might be more appropriate in the Southeast regional forum. I don't think I can move the thread, so if you are a moderator and think that is a better place, feel free to move it. Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually live in Windermere/Ocoee and I HIGHLY recommend Sloan Curtis Automotive Group. I'm very VERY anal retentive when it comes to getting my cars detailed and these guys are probably the best in central Florida. They can come to you and offer a good range of selections from a basic wash to hand rubbed wax.

Not gonna lie though, they are expensive, the lowest option starts at $30 but trust me, you get what you pay for and then some!

Tell them Brooks sent you. :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Brooks. Unfortunately their website is completely blank except for a phone number. Do you have any photos, particularly before and after photos, of them working on your 370Z? What services have you used from them? To be clear, I do not want a mobile service...I want someone who has their own fully enclosed and cool work area to protect against dust, pollen, and other junk blowing in the wind, and of course the hot sun. I'm looking for a concours job, and the car would need to stay overnight after the sealant was applied before putting wax on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done quite a few complete washes, I've seen their wax job in person and it was awesome. I would call them about what you said though. I believe they are strictly a mobile detailing team but maybe double check with them.

There are companies that have buildings where they can do what you need but all the ones I've seen I wouldn't trust with a rental. Most are over priced and never worth it. I'll let you know if I find anything if that company doesn't work out for you.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@DarkBuddha

This (AOWheels) may be what I was looking for. The brand new never washed ST should not need any paint correction, just a great detail job (wash, clay, pre-wax polish, seal, wax). I checked the Services tab, but it had this message "UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>>>>>>>> WILL BE BACK UP SOON>>>>>>>>>>>" and there were no prices. I'll give them a call later and hopefully they will be closer to $300.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Brian at AOWheels (located in Hunter's Creek). I expect he would do stellar work, but seems 12 hours is the minimum job at $480. I may use him, but I'm still looking, so if anyone has other suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Followup...

After talking with Brian at AOWheels for a long time, he decided to offer a new car prep package. Normally his minimum job is $480 and goes up, but the "new car prep" is priced at $240-350. This sounds much better to me and I'll probably be doing this, unless someone posts a better value for a show car professional detail (in the Central Florida area).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts