Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else is from around these parts? And are you going to take your ST to Waterford Hills Raceway?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep. I've been on Waterford hills before with previous cars, I would love to get the ST out there for some hot laps. Hoping to attend a lot of autocross events too next summer, since delivery sounds like its going to be long past the end of the 2012 season.

Hope to see a lot of ST owners out and about!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear that detroits police doesn't come at night if they are called. Is that true?
They'll come, but have really horrible response times with all the staff cuts recently. So by the time they get there, you'll probably already be gone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Nex Deus and Rownan. I'm in the metro D area, currently in Royal Oak (just moved from Novi), but probably moving again soon. I'll be heading to Waterford hills as soon as I get the car, and will be autocrossing next summer as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Nex Deus and Rownan. I'm in the metro D area, currently in Royal Oak (just moved from Novi), but probably moving again soon. I'll be heading to Waterford hills as soon as I get the car, and will be autocrossing next summer as well.
good to hear! I'll be the guy walking up to tell you how awesome your car is. ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
We're going to need a meet spot.. Do the subi guys still meet at BW3s at fountain walk on tuesdays? Maybe we can invade their space. A group of STs pulling in to show them up would be excellent :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
We're going to need a meet spot.. Do the subi guys still meet at BW3s at fountain walk on tuesdays? Maybe we can invade their space. A group of STs pulling in to show them up would be excellent :thumb:

I'm so down with that! I live on the east side (way east side since Jefferson is at the end of my street and then there's Canada haha) but I work in Wixom and pass Fountain Walk everyday. Didn't know there was a Waterford raceway so I'd be interested in meeting up with someone one day. I'll be in the white one with tinted windows :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yea that sounds awesome. i used to live in Novi, and would definitely be down for coming out every once in a while. it's a bit out of the way to do all the time (i work in dearborn and i live in royal oak, and 96 west can be a nightmare!)

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
96 ain't so bad in the afternoon :D god damn I want this car delivered! Jay, do you work for ford too?

·
Registered
103 Posts
ha the wife tells me this morning we may be moving back to novi or farmington anyways! as soon as i get back to the states i'm selling my truck to pay for this car, so the earlier it shows up at my dealer, the better!

@Nex: yea I do, at PDC in Body Exterior. mostly been in China since January though. you?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Based out of iTek but currently in RCB for the indefinite future on global Order Fulfillment systems.

China huh? Letting them in on our trade secrets, no doubt. China's regulations are ridiculous.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clawson here.
Are any of you planning to turn up at an autocross event, or open track day as a place like Waterford? (I think that season may be over)
I'd like to get a feel for the car off the street, and I don't have any interest in drag racing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Clawson here.
Are any of you planning to turn up at an autocross event, or open track day as a place like Waterford? (I think that season may be over)
I'd like to get a feel for the car off the street, and I don't have any interest in drag racing.
Yes definitely. You'll see me out next year. The auto x season is just about over now.

Chad has been planning fun runs at Waterford hills for mid October.

I'm from Waterford, near to keego harbor.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts