Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Yep, that's been known for a few days. Our own STephan took one for a test drive last week :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Geez Istvan, I figured you knew... been a few threads on 'em coming out, and pics are getting posted around. Check in with the UK ST forums.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez Istvan, I figured you knew... been a few threads on 'em coming out, and pics are getting posted around. Check in with the UK ST forums.
Lol i had no idea they released them in England, i thought they come out in September and ST3's later , thats why i was confused

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's too bad they didn't do a true worldwide release like they had originally promised, but at least those of us in the U.S. won't be the last to the party since ST1s and 2s are rolling off the line. Aren't Canada and Australia still waiting to hear when they will get cars?

On another note, even those of us with ST3 orders are dealing with an even longer delay, I'm really glad our HIDs will be partially blacked out. There's WAY too much chrome in the headlight housings of that UK car in the video!

Reactions: oaxa

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, we're delayed over HID's like all you ST3 guys and gals here in Canada. Not sure where Oz cars will be built, Europe of Michigan? Totally agree on the chrome vs blacked out, at first I wasn't bothered but that video just convinced me otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Headlights can easily be cracked and black in a weekend when you don't need the car. I did it on a set of brand new MK1.5 Euro headlights. It's also pretty cheap to paint the headlight bezels, even if you have a pro do it.

Wheels on the other hand....they need to be stripped and powdercoated which takes more than a couple days (usually) and powdercoat shops are usually Monday-Friday operations....meaning your ST will be out of commission for a week or so (dismount tires, drop off at PC place, pick up, have tires mounted and balanced) unless you have spare wheels and tires to use. Powdercoating is usually $75+ per wheel, dismounting wheels is usually $5 a wheel or more, and mounting and balancing is usually at least $15 a wheel. (75*4)+(5*4)+(15*4) = $380+tax in a best case scenario.

$380 to PC wheels, or $50 ($100 tops) to crack and black headlights? I think I'd rather have the car delivered with the chrome headlights and dark wheels. Also, putting chrome HIDs on it will mean production won't be delayed.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It is a bit disappointing that once again, Europe gets to have the ST first.
But, this was anticipated 2 years ago. Much of the press mentioned that it would be released first in Europe. At least the US release is nearing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I did see the gap too.. but it's much better than before, etc

Imagine it this way tho; think about about the hottest chick/dude/thing (w/e floats your boat) on earth and add a little bit of a tooth gap. Are you saying you wouldn't hit it??

I know i still would... drive it that is =P

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are the Brits fortunate enough not to have to have My Touch ?, display screen seems much smaller than what was in the cars at Performance Academy drive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Canada and Australia are gonna get the short end of the stick. I bet I will pick up my :ST: and immediately have to buy winter rubber.

Oh well at least i will have the winter to decide what route i am going to take as far as mods go.

1st - Set of track rims + R comp tires
2nd - let her breath(intake, DP, maybe larger intercooler also for the show factor)
3rd - Tune Cobbtuning or Pumaspeed(may just get a full performance package)
4th - Tint, Carbon bits(who doesnt like Carbonfibre) silicon turbo piping(blue)

way down the road... bigger brakes, suspension and maybe shoot for 350whp with a EFR Turbo at similar boost levels.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Canada and Australia are gonna get the short end of the stick. I bet I will pick up my :ST: and immediately have to buy winter rubber.

Oh well at least i will have the winter to decide what route i am going to take as far as mods go.

1st - Set of track rims + R comp tires
2nd - let her breath(intake, DP, maybe larger intercooler also for the show factor)
3rd - Tune Cobbtuning or Pumaspeed(may just get a full performance package)
4th - Tint, Carbon bits(who doesnt like Carbonfibre) silicon turbo piping(blue)

way down the road... bigger brakes, suspension and maybe shoot for 350whp with a EFR Turbo at similar boost levels.
I have a feeling you're right about Canada getting the shaft on availability. And if you are hitting 350whp I am definitely driving all the way from Vancouver to check that out since I'm probably staying more or less stock, lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The STs showing up in Euro market dealerships are dealer demo's. Customer retail ST's are not available until September.
You guys in the USA get to test drive at those events being held across your country so don't feel like you are behind the 8 ball

1 - 20 of 21 Posts