Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got an unwelcome surprise recently when I went in to the dealer to get some noises looked at, and the service adviser told me that Ford had cancelled my warranty.

I called the dealer I bought my car from ("used" with 1,234 miles on it at time of purchase) and they seemed just as confused as me, and contacted their Ford rep. Been 3 weeks and they still don't have anything back from their Ford guy other than "still researching".

However in the interim I decided to contact Ford Customer Support, and she responded that my car " is a pre-production vehicle. These do not come with a Ford Warranty, which is why yours does not have warranty. "

Now, when I bought my car the dealer disclosed that it had remainder of factory warranty, and the first title date was October/2014 (build date was 4/2013). I purchased in May 2015 with the aforementioned 1,234 miles, so assumed it had most of the factory warranty remaining. I drive 30k/year so the miles run out quicker than the time.

When I bought mine the dealer had two others that had identical specs and sequential VIN to mine that the dealer had listed as "certified pre-owned" which I thought was not possible unless they were still under factory warranty.

I knew my car was an early build, and knew it was previously a Ford owned vehicle.

Something doesn't seem to be adding up. As far as I can tell there is a legal requirement to disclose a pre-production vehicle, as well as disclose a vehicle with no warranty. My dealer GM swears that any such information was not disclosed to them when they purchased the cars at auction from Ford.

I'm guessing it was more like someone at Ford screwed up the paperwork when they released the cars. As an interesting aside there were claims on the warranty before the first title date, which seem to indicate it once had warranty and thus would not be "pre-production".

Anyone out there know when series production started, either VIN or specific date?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 was the first USDM model year. Guess I should have specified USDM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
903 Posts
2014 was the first USDM model year. Guess I should have specified USDM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't paying attention that it was a Fiesta, but yea, 2014 was the first USDM for that (2013 for Focus). Hmm, interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know my car at April/2013 is very early production Fiesta ST, but didn't suspect pre-production...

My dealer still hasn't heard anything from their rep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts