Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ok I pulled the 2 fuses for the nav and screen and let is sit for 30-40 seconds before I left work. So far it is working perfectly. I took the exact same route home that i took last night and it kept my exact position correctly. I drove to supper and back and still it's working great. I am not gonna say this fixed it for sure yet but so far its working. Try to pull fuse #'s 67 and 79 from the passenger footwell fuse box and see if it works.

I will post in this thread in a couple days with an update.
Sorry, dumb question, but how exactly did you do this? I'm assuming you pulled the fuses, and then turned the ignition on, waited, turned the ignition off, and then replaced the fuses. Correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have been using the nav or at least watching the map for 3 solid days now and its been perfect. I am going to say that pulling the fuses fixed this problem for me.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sweet. Although free it's nice to avoid the service bay at the dealer when possible. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok I pulled the 2 fuses for the nav and screen and let is sit for 30-40 seconds before I left work. So far it is working perfectly. I took the exact same route home that i took last night and it kept my exact position correctly. I drove to supper and back and still it's working great. I am not gonna say this fixed it for sure yet but so far its working. Try to pull fuse #'s 67 and 79 from the passenger footwell fuse box and see if it works.

I will post in this thread in a couple days with an update.
Did this on Sunday and drove the car around last night for about an hour. Thew gps was almost dead on. The streets are correct, it shows me on the correct ones and not in a field, river, or side street. It just lags behind while i drive by about 10-20 ft.

Funny thing is after I pulled the fuses, left them out for about 5 minutes, and then replaced them, I went to syncmyride.com and checked the version of my sync software. It was the latest one..3.51.xx
The week before it was still on 3.2.xxx.
I never did an update or anything of the sort. I checked my card and it was the A4 card straight from the dealer when I picked it up.
To double check, I put the A3 extra card I had in the system and got a no navigation error message; put the A4 card in and it worked perfectly.

I do remember that the salesman gave me the A3 card and told me, "funny that you got 2 cards, keep them both", and the My Sync training guy told me that the dealership wanted him to update the software on my ST and test it before giving it to me. This was on DEC 18, 2012.
I'm happy now..that was the only fault I found so far in my new ST..

·
Registered
894 Posts
I pulled the fuses last night. Started up this morning, and initially, the Navigation screen said no GPS. After a little driving, that went away and the navigation was perfect for my entire drive into work, even in spots where it usually got messed up. I took some smaller back roads and turned around once in a shopping center, and the gps tracked me perfectly the whole way. Hope this is a permanent solution!

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's not a map issue

Here are a couple examples. I am traveling south in this picture and the screen showed me way over to the left of the actual road. This is I25 between Denver and Colorado Springs. Road has been there along time

In this next one I am already stopped at the exit stop light. The nav said to turn in .4 miles. It was way off. When I turned it showed me on the wrong street cause it was .4 miles behind my location!
that image with the car 'off' the road is really common. You see that with Google Maps, and Garmins or Tom Toms. They don't use the super accurate reception chips that say a surveyor would, but the do ok. They usually catch on. if you think this is bad, try using Apple's Maps. I had that tell me I was 20 miles away while I was parked across the parking lot from my destination hotel.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Never turned the ignition on. Just pulled fuses let it sit. Put them back in.
you think pulling a fuse out, while the car is off, then putting it right back in, car still off, fixes something? Are you Vulcan? In this scenario, what has changed as far as the car is concerned?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
oh where do we start. a car there are typically 3 types of 'power' circuits. Constant power, accessory power, and ignition power. constant power as the name would suggest has power all the time. accessory power only has power when the key is on but not when the car is cranking. Ignition power has power when the key is on and when when cranking.

If you pull a fuse on a circuit that has constant power, any items powered by that circuit lose power, and are reset / rebooted. Makes no difference of the key is on, or if the engine is cranking.

·
Registered
894 Posts
As I mentioned, I pulled the fuses as cnstman advised, and it definitely had an effect -- as seen by the fact that when the car was started, there was an icon on the navigation screen indicating "no GPS." That warning went away after a little driving, and the system has been working perfectly ever since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also did a Master Reset which seems to have fixed some other issues with the Nav.
It just deletes you Nav stuff, and if your phone is connected; everything else stays:ie presets for the radio, sound settings.
Mine is now spot on after the fuse pull and the master reset.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Mine was showing as well. I just ran their little "confirm update" routine, since my dealer applied 3.5.1, and now the SyncMyRide site shows the 3.5.1 update. Let's hope future updates don't involve new nav cards so they can be applied quicker!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Let's hope future updates don't involve new nav cards so they can be applied quicker!

I don't see why the SD card can't be updated Via web. It's removable, My PC has a 15X card reader, and 95% of PC's and laptops do too (not sure if MAC's have caught up with technology (LOL)).
But still glad it's out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
As I mentioned, I pulled the fuses as cnstman advised, and it definitely had an effect -- as seen by the fact that when the car was started, there was an icon on the navigation screen indicating "no GPS." That warning went away after a little driving, and the system has been working perfectly ever since.
No GPS just means it hasn't locked onto a signal. My Garmins say that if you start up while in the carport. I just don't think a reboot 'fixes' anything. Not permanently anyway.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts