Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just ordered the updated SD Nav card off syncmyride.com this afternoon. Had a tracking number an hour later. Hope to see some improvements.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just ordered the updated SD Nav card off syncmyride.com this afternoon. Had a tracking number an hour later. Hope to see some improvements.
After the update I can now enter destinations via voice and it actually understands me! Big improvement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can confirm for all DIYs, removing and replacing fuses 67 & 79 works to solve this problem. No need to go to dealer.

FYI: for those who don't know, fuse box is directly below glove box, not little plastic opening that you first see when opening passenger side door. It's a PITA, but better than wasting time @ a dealer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I really think this error issue has something to do with different sized tires. When I put my winter tires on (which are slightly larger) the nav was off again. Pulled the fuses and its has been spot on for 1.5 months now. Gonna watch it again in the spring when the stock rubber goes back on.

Anyone else notice this correlation?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Still having the issue of the GPS being a block off. irritating as you are driving and it keeps saying to turn here and there when you are actually on the correct interstate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The navigation on MyFord Touch sucks on my car. The accuracy is not good at all. 1/2 the time it shows me on the left or right of the actual road I am on. It also has me .25 to .5 miles behind my actual location, so when I turn it shows me on the wrong street, or on no street at all. This makes turn by turn useless. Anyone else having issues?

I am supposed to have the latest version of the firmware.

I have emailed my sales person to see if she has any ideas, or if I need take it in for service.

EDIT: IT'S FIXED!!
Ok I pulled the 2 fuses for the nav and screen and let is sit for 30-40 seconds before I left work. So far it is working perfectly. I took the exact same route home that i took last night and it kept my exact position correctly. I drove to supper and back and still it's working great. I am not gonna say this fixed it for sure yet but so far its working. Try to pull fuse #'s 67 and 79 from the passenger footwell fuse box and see if it works.
Supposedly, on a ford Flex with the same issues (same radio) there is a re-flash of the gps sync needed. Removing the fuses for a few mins (or the neg battery terminal for >15 mins) provides a temp fix.
The TSP service bulletin is TSB 14-0037 (to fix the Edge at least... maybe the same for the explorer). Take it to the dealer, guve them.this TSB number and see "Please flash my radio head!"... see what that gets ya.
~Dr Colg8

41 - 49 of 49 Posts