Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has their DORA slip.

If you have it are there additional charges on there like destination and delivery,advertising fee, and fuel fee?

If so, how much?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Don't have my DORA yet, but my VOC has a $47.16 fuel charge (dealer paid), a $795 destination, and a $391 advertisement assessment (dealer paid).

Some dealers try to pass fuel charges and advertisement fees onto you, but mine did not. Refuse to pay them if your dealer brings it up out of the blue on delivery day. Just make sure to discuss and get a signed out the door price before you leave the dealership on order day, and bring it with you on delivery day. Anything they add say that was not agreed to, flat out refuse and pull the original contract out. They are making several thousands of dollars off of you on the sale alone, they don't need to be greedy.

Not sure if it matters very much for the ST, but what's everyone's priority code? I got an 11. Dealer said it was the best priority the system would let him choose haha.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is making me eat it. Comes to an extra 1200

My priority code was also 11

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Mine is making me eat it. Comes to an extra 1200

My priority code was also 11
Cool, not sure how that will fit us in with scheduling, but it should put us up somewhere near the front :cool:

That sucks that they added on all those fees though. Destination (shipping) is a legitimate charge, but the advertising charge benefits the DEALER not the customer. Ford's advertising materials are part of the reason people go to dealers, right?

Although fuel can be a legitimate charge I suppose. My dealer said vehicles come from the factory with less than 2 gallons of fuel in them, and they always fill the tank and just eat that cost before the customer picks it up. He said most customers would be mighty displeased about buying a new car and have the gas warning light come on 2 miles down the road haha, and that they almost never do fuel charges unless the vehicle happens to have a very large capacity tank.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Cool, not sure how that will fit us in with scheduling, but it should but us up somewhere near the front :cool:

That sucks that they added on all those fees though. Destination is a legitimate charge, but the advertising charge benefits the DEALER not the customer. Ford's advertising materials are part of the reason people go to dealers, right?

Although fuel can be a legitimate charge I suppose. My dealer said vehicles come from the factory with less than 2 gallons of fuel in them, and they always fill the tank and just eat that cost before the customer picks it up. He said most customers would be mighty displeased about buying a new car and have the gas warning light come on 2 miles down the road haha, and that they almost never do fuel charges unless the vehicle happens to have a very large capacity tank.
Your dealer is lying to you, Ford reimburses them for the fuel that is needed to fill the tank up. Ford has been doing this for over 20yrs now.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Your dealer is lying to you, Ford reimburses them for the fuel that is needed to fill the tank up. Ford has been doing this for over 20yrs now.
Ah, that's right he did mention something about getting reimbursed too...but especially if that's the case, the dealer should definitely NOT try to make you pay for it. If he tries he is just being flat out dishonest.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they are lying but what can you do. They are padding the sale. I suppose I could tell them they lied and I lied. I won't pay what I agreed to either.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah they are lying but what can you do. They are padding the sale. I suppose I could tell them they lied and I lied. I won't pay what I agreed to either.
If you got a price decently below MSRP, even with these charges I'd say you got a great deal. :thumb:

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any proof? Any documentation? It would save me 50 bucks.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Any proof? Any documentation? It would save me 50 bucks.
I know this to be fact. However I do not have documentation on this though.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find some documentation then. I've yet to see anything that says your new Ford will come with a full tank of gas. If I had this info I could say if you lied about this...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fuel is on there for me, but its dealer paid. No ad fees on mine. Destination of course.

Mine is priority 10, also the best the system would give.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wonder if the priority number has to do with how large the dealership is. If so I may be near the top of the list because I plan to order from the worlds 6th largest Ford dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I wonder if the priority number has to do with how large the dealership is. If so I may be near the top of the list because I plan to order from the worlds 6th largest Ford dealer in the morning.
I think it has to do a bit with dealer allocations and the order they want the vehicles in. Apparently having a higher priority isn't necessarily bad, since some dealers use higher order numbers to "save room" for other orders that may come up that might be more urgent. There is a good read on this here:

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

It goes very in depth and gives a bit of behind the scenes info about the whole Ford ordering system. It is a few years old, but I imagine it is still accurate.

While I was at the dealer today they said someone else had an appointment to come in to preorder the ST right after me.

Apparently the word is out, and my Ford dealership is tiny. Makes me wonder how many preorders have been made so far nationwide.

Also, just got my DORA today (5/7). Apparently I hear there is an ST registration site our dealer is supposed to put our information in on sometime after 5/15?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts