Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys listen to while driving (other than the glorious sound of boost)? Do you have different types of music for different driving styles? Post your playlists!

Here is my "spirited" driving mix I listened to in my JCW Convertible with the H/K turned all the way up.
Convertible Tunes by Brandon Anderson on Spotify

And if you don't have Spotify, I highly recommend it!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Heh, I was actually going to make a thread about this earlier today... you read my mind.

Here's what I listen to in the car:

For Long drives, usually some sort of epic or a concept album -

For Short Drives, I usually just play something more simple

For Aggressive/Fun drives, usually trance, dnb, dubstep and the like

But a lot of times I just listen to a new album I bought or something. I think I've listened to my Fiesta's FM radio a total of 3 times in my year-long ownership; NPR every time.

Hey Brandon, for the people who don't have Spotify, do you think you could post a list of your songs? :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Brandon, for the people who don't have Spotify, do you think you could post a list of your songs? :)
Sure can! This is a constantly evolving playlist so I recommend getting Spotify to stay up to date ;)

The Anix – Sleepwalker (INVADER! Remix)
Sly & The Family Stone – Family Affair (Dubstep Remix)
Tomorrow Land – Jar of Hearts (Tribute To Christina Perri)
Dubstep Kings – Electric Avenue
Skrillex – Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
Skrillex – First Of The Year - Equinox
Ellie Goulding – Lights - Bassnectar Remix
Tim Berg – Seek Bromance - Avicii Vocal Edit
Benny Benassi – Cinema - Skrillex Remix
Lady Gaga – Alejandro - Skrillex Remix
Korn – Get Up! - feat. Skrillex
Lady Gaga – Bad Romance - Skrillex Remix
La Roux – In For The Kill - Skrillex Remix
Flux Pavilion – I Can't Stop
Doctor P – Big Boss
M.I.A. – Internet Connection - Flux Pavilion Remix
Skrillex – Ruffneck - FULL Flex
Deadmau5 – Some Chords
Deadmau5 – Ghosts 'n' Stuff - feat. Rob Swire
Doctor P – Tetris
Doctor P – Sweet Shop - Friction, Camo and Krooked Drum and Bass Mix
Flux Pavilion – Got 2 Know
Flux Pavilion – Digital Controller
Deadmau5 – Strobe
Dubba Jonny – A Brief Tutorial On Vip Production (Vip) - Vip
Dubba Jonny – A Brief Tutorial On Dubstep Production (Original) - Original
Bassnectar & Seth Drake – Above and Beyond
The Glitch Mob – Drive It Like You Stole It
Benny Benassi – Cinema feat. Gary Go - Skrillex Remix
Snoop Dogg – Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta) [Remix]
Blake Lewis – Heartbreak on Vinyl
Korn – Narcissistic Cannibal - feat. Skrillex & Kill The Noise
Bonobo – Kiara
Xilent – Choose Me II - Original Mix
Modestep – To The Stars - Break The Noize & The Autobots Remix
Skrillex – Kill EVERYBODY - Bare Noize Remix
Noisia – Machine Gun - 16 Bit Remix
Cobra Starship – You Make Me Feel... - feat. Sabi [Cobra Starship Remix Spotify Exclusive]
Dodge and Fuski – Killing Me
Foreign Beggars – Still Getting It Ft. Skrillex
Dada Life – Happy Violence (Vocal Extended Mix)
Deadmau5 – Ghosts n Stuff - Nero Remix
Nero – Promises
Ellie Goulding – Lights
Calvin Harris – Feel So Close - Nero Remix
Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren – You Never Said - Dash Berlin Remix
Armin Van Buuren – Drowning - Avicii Remix
Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon - Noisia Remix
Freestylers – Cracks Feat. Belle Humble (Flux Pavilion Rmx)
Avicii – Levels - Skrillex Remix
Modestep – Sunlight (2011)
Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon
The Wanted – Glad You Came - Alex Gaudino Remix
Pretty Lights – Hot Like Sauce
Freestylers – Cracks Feat. Belle Humble (Flux Pavilion Rmx)
Gemini – Blue
Phaeleh – Afterglow
Gemini – Graduation
David Guetta – Titanium - feat. Sia

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm an AM radio fan :cool:

Seriously Linkin Park, Korn, Eminem, 50 Cent, lots of other stuff. I can't wait to get a faster internet speed when I get home. I've been stuck with the same music for 9 months. I tried to stream Spotify out here but it doesn't buffer fast enough...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I listen to a wide variety of music, driving or otherwise. I would say I generally like about 10% of music from any genre, and the other 90% is crap. My favorite bands tend to all be talented musicians and friends, not some random group of people a mega-corporation put together for the sole purpose of generating money. A few of my favorites include Epica, Dream Theater, Queen, Apocalyptica, Kamelot, Eagles, Opeth, and Hayley Westenra. Not sure if this YouTube playlist will display correctly, but giving it a shot as a small sample of what I listen to...

Unreal Music Video Playlist on YouTube

It is currently 119 songs, but subject to change.

Disclaimer: A few of the songs in the YouTube playlist above are there for eye candy, not musical ability.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
241 Posts
rock/alternative/70s - muse, red hot chili peppers, stone temple pilots, foo fighters, incubus, allman brothers, black sabbath, david bowie, guns n roses, motley crue, pink floyd, steve miller, doors, weezer, tantric, garbage, franz ferdinand, tom petty

heavy - anthrax, tool, metallica (old and the latest), disturbed, five finger death punch, megadeth, pantera

electronic(ish) - infected mushroom, nine inch nails, crystal method, chemical brothers

rap - beastie boys, mc chris, jedi mind tricks, eminem

misc - gorillaz, bloodhound gang, rob zombie

I find myself listening now to audio books more and more now when I'm driving for work or very long trips

·
Registered
589 Posts
I listen everything from ambient to terror except rap and country

Oh i love Emma Hewitt so i listen to this song a lot ...

She is gorgeous and has gorgeous voice
and Lissie is also awesome

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Terror is very similar to Hardcore Techno and slower than Speedcore. A style popular in Germany and the Netherlands, but only on the fringe most everywhere else.

Although I recognize the need to categorize, I don't like to use labels, but it does often make it easier to explain how a song sounds to someone who has never heard it. Many of my favorite bands put different genres of music on the same album...sometimes even in the same song. I personally use only two genres most of the time...

"I like it" and "I prefer not to listen to that". ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Terror is very similar to Hardcore Techno and slower than Speedcore. A style popular in Germany and the Netherlands, but only on the fringe most everywhere else.

Although I recognize the need to categorize, I don't like to use labels, but it does often make it easier to explain how a song sounds to someone who has never heard it. Many of my favorite bands put different genres of music on the same album...sometimes even in the same song. I personally use only two genres most of the time...

"I like it" and "I prefer not to listen to that". ;)
Yes it is you either like it or hate it type of music , but my broad spectrum of music goes very far , i even listen to polka, german folk music , i like classical music such as : Bach, Mozart, Liszt , also like progressive rock, heavy metal, Orchestra, movie soundtracks etc, only music i can't stand is that mainstream garbage rap and country, however i love Johnny Cash

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Okay, try this on for size...Celtic Folk Death Metal incorporating flutes, bagpipes, violin, mandolin, and hurdy-gurdy. I love it!

Normally the female singer in the video above just plays the hurdy-gurdy and the dude sings (growls), but the clean vocals on this song fit well. If you like that (Rose For Epona), also check out Inis Mona below.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
589 Posts
Okay, try this on for size...Celtic Folk Death Metal incorporating flutes, bagpipes, violin, mandolin, and hurdy-gurdy. I love it!

Normally the female singer in the video above just plays the hurdy-gurdy and the dude sings (growls), but the clean vocals on this song fit well. If you like that (Rose For Epona), also check out Inis Mona below.

Omygod , loving this

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Xandria with the new singer does sound VERY much like Nightwish USED to sound. I think I prefer the old Xandria with Lisa as the vocalist, but it's all good.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Bizz, Dethklok has their moments, but the video you selected has embedding disabled (still plays fine from YouTube though).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts