Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
major improvement! Still a little bit of a thud on a hard shift but thats just the nature of a FWD vehicle. My mustang "thuds" with hard shifts too...lol

Id like to see a comparison of this mount verse the CP-E in terms of NVH, because thats the only other i considered before trying this. And at 44.00 buxs 10% over dealer cost I cant beat it. Top that off if a company offers a "rubber" upgraded version of the 2 top mounts, Id be completely happy. Im not a fan of poly mounts on FWD cars, too much vibration for me and a daily driver. Track only car....no problem.

Theres really no increase in NVH, and shifts are more crisp and precise.

The upper mounts Im sure can improve, because once the lower mount was out the motor rocked very very easily, as if it was only tied up there by a string. Having such loose rotational upper mounts surely puts all the burden on the lower mount upon accel. No wonder the stocker gets abused.

I give it a Wicked Thumbs Up! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about wheel hop?

Where do you order this? Is that a ford part number?

Thanks!
Still some wheel hop, but it depends on the tire temperature, and the ground conditions.

Def not as severe. Better tires will def cure this. The F1's are decent but are more of a handling tire rather than straight line.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice! I ordered a couple of these mounts last week from Tousley Ford Parts Depot for $43.77 each plus shipping! I was told they were on national backorder until the end of December, but I just got shipment notification yesterday that they'd be here Monday.

The part number is CM5Z-6068-A

I picked one up for me and Oregonsvt and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! I ordered a couple of these mounts last week from Tousley Ford Parts Depot for $43.77 each plus shipping! I was told they were on national backorder until the end of December, but I just got shipment notification yesterday that they'd be here Monday.

The part number is CM5Z-6068-A

I picked one up for me and Oregonsvt and I'm looking forward to trying it out!
Ford backorder times are never right lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is the same mount that CFM motorsports has been ripping people off on. They even took all the part # stickers off so people wouldn't be able to find out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You would think that Ford would try to re-use as many components as possible across all their lines to save money. I'm sure they have their reasons though.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The 2.0L Ecoboost is used in other cars. I wonder what RMM is used for those applications.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have that mount installed now. Put about 500 miles in it. Feel completely same as stock as far as NVH. Shifts are better and thud as well as wheel hop is greatly reduced. Love it.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Keep in mind that polyurethane mounts "break in" after a few thousand miles are put on them, mellowing out NVH.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts