Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there !! My first time making a thread and new to forum. I was just wondering if I'm the only one thinking that the st motor is under powered. For example; the 2.0 liter hyundia motor makes 274hp, mazda ms3 2.3ltr makes 263hp. It seems that Ford could easily tune this motor for at least 260-275hp. Why go cheap with 250hp? I almost feel cheated if I buy the car with 250hp. Not saying 250 is weak, but these other motors have been out and we know that this motor/ car has been tested thoroughly. What are your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think Ford also has fuel economy in mind. The MS3 isn't that great on gas and the MS3 is also heavier than the ST so they will both have similar 0-60 times. Ford will tune the car pretty conservative so a good tune and intake system will get you plenty of power.:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can bet that the ecoboost will be underrated by Ford. I'd guess that it really will make around 260hp if not a little more. Ford probably is also trying to keep MPG as high as possible. I suspect we'll see a 35mpg rating. The ms3 is only rated at 25mpg and the Sonota 33mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts