Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to keep you all updated on our current products. We have spent the past week getting these thing setup and ready to test next week. These are some of the unfinished products. We will be testing the car stock and with each component one at a time & with a couple different combinations. Currently we are SCT ECO Boost Tuners and will be working with COBB Hopefully in the near future to develop accompanying tunes. If you have any questions direct them to us in this thread.

Why intercooler piping. We wanted to eliminate pressure drop from the factory rubber hoses expanding. esspecially in the upper rpm. From previous test charge pipes from factory rubber to our sets can have as much of an increase of 1-1.5psi in the upper 25% of the rpm range. Naturally smaller turbos will want to pressure drop some even with the ability to add duty cycle to the factory boost control solenoid. The factory hoses on the ST have some reinforcement but not everywhere. We also increased the piping diameter from 2" to 2.25" in some areas and 2.25 to 2.5" in others.

We created a true CAI intake with integration of the factory airbox. We were able to get our intake to maintain the inlets and upper & lower halves of the box. Removing the factory ripples will increased air velocity. The less restrictive high flow filter will certainly outflow the factory panel filter.

We finished up our 3" downpipe catless version as well. This removes the primary restriction in the exhaust tract. Stainless steel and flex bellow integrated for longevity.

Our custom 3" exhaust system is also ready for testing. We will be adding the inline muffler and testing this week. We have settled on a set of exhaust tips as well. Depending on the audible note we might modify resonator or muffler choices.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well yeah haha although that was not the purpose of the photo...... They're showing their upgraded charge pipe which is right in the center

·
Registered
90 Posts
Assuming Pete is posting for you guys, let me say I can't wait for my ST to show up so I can get in on some of this stuff!
You guys have a shop car or already working on a customer's?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooppppppppppsssss.
Sorry about that. I'd like to think I'm not the first to make that mistake but I probably am.
Either way, the parts look awesome!
Nope, you are not. Mistook them for the CT outlet as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wouldn't having the silicone couple right up against the oil pan be bad? I figure the oil pan must get pretty hot...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We opted there for now to maximize volume on the entry side to the intercooler. from that point on the piping diameter is stepped up to 2.5". Seeing that we have had hoses closer to turbo manifolds on previous project we don't see it melting or crystallizing. Its not actually in contact with the pan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Okay glad to hear. I'm sure this isn't your first rodeo so I'll stop with the silly questions and buy it when its available ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries we will have things set as far as pricing goes after tomorrow on the dyno. I want to make sure the parts work otherwise its useless to the community.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No worries we will have things set as far as pricing goes after tomorrow on the dyno. I want to make sure the parts work otherwise its useless to the community.
Hope you're going to have time and energy to do a run with the CAT downpipe in place for us that want to keep it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not tomorrow. I only have the catless dp to test this week. We dont have emission in FL so i built the catless first. Ill test the catted version maybe the following week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got back on the rollers today only got through testing the intake then the SCT module took a crap on us. Going to call tech support tomorrow. The gains were positive netted 8whp without our flash attached. This was on the stock map. We wanted to test each product indiviually then see what we could get with some tune adjustments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the charge pipes were done a while ago what news are you looking for on them....? they are available for sale if thats what you are inquiring about.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts