Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a bunch of you have been asking for the test numbers on our new products. We are still finalizing some tuning issues SCT is working on for us but we have been swapping around pieces and testing our parts to get untuned results. Keep in mind these are without a reflash at all. You can see we managed to gain a ton of top end power without any ecu adjustments. Which means the products design is functioning perfectly fine and not cause a loss from poor design.

These are for sale now @$229.00 for the CAI & @$299.00 for the Downpipe Order Here

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very nice. Just to clarify, is that graph with an untuned car or one with an SCT tune that hasn't been changed for the intake?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You cant here it over the exhaust note sorry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ecu map was stock when these tests were done

·
Registered
768 Posts
+1 for a sound clip for the CAI. I will buy this week if I like how it sounds. I KNOW I speak for a lot of people too!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Am I the only one that is annoyed that people will only buy a cold air intake based on how it SOUNDS?!?!?!

What if someone came out with an aftermarket intake that made 5hp more than another... But the better one was as quiet as stock...

I understand that hearing your bypass valve is important :rolleyes:, but if that is all you care about, then take the lid off of the stock intake and be done with it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
????? take the lid off so all the engine heat blasts into the throttle body??? LOL. Gains are important Tobyboom.....but realistically, you are going to see appx 10hp/10tq gains from a CAI...which is significant, but the sound, like you said, is important. If I only wanted hp gains, I would just go with an aftermarket air filter. Sound from a CAI is a demand.

Reactions: JdubST13

·
Registered
128 Posts
The stock lid off comment was a joke aimed squarely at those who are so hung up on sound for their aftermarket intake. Of course I'm aware that it will hurt performance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I will try to set up a youtube video with an in car and out of car sound clip later today or tomorrow

·
Registered
768 Posts
I will try to set up a youtube video with an in car and out of car sound clip later today or tomorrow
Do you work for EFI? Or are associated with them somehow?

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess you never heard the term its whats under the curve that counts not peak numbers. Doesn't matter you if make 4ft lbs more than me on the hit but when your car falls on its face up top and i blow by you, you'll understand why the average HP and Tq is what matters for power delivery not a minimal peak difference in power.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey bro(s).....where is that sound clip you said you were gonna put out in/out of the car? People are depending on this, and you will sell more intakes if you produce a sound clip. just sayin.....the majority of us know what gains will be, but sound is another important faeture of an intake.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts