Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way we can get this? I like this community and the people here compared to what I have seen on other :ST: forums but its really annoying to have to click a bunch of links to see pics in a thread. It would be easy to automatically resize pics that are too big. A ton of other forums do this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Honestly, just make an imgur album. You can set it to semi-private so just people with the link can access the images if you want. It is efficient especially when you want to upload a lot of images. Just my .02 here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly, just make an imgur album. You can set it to semi-private so just people with the link can access the images if you want. It is efficient especially when you want to upload a lot of images. Just my .02 here.
Well thats better then nothing, but why not have pictures displayed in the thread that they are talked about? So much easier!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I agree. This is the only thing that is problematic with this forum. I suppose it saves space.

·
Registered
77 Posts
well, not for everyone. It can make the page load much slower, especially for those on mobile or on less than ideal connections. There can be a decent amount of work to ensure that the image itself is scaled properly (i.e. an 10mp photo that is uploaded isn't trying to display at native resolution).

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I like it better if its embedded in the thread. But that is me. You can also upload as an attachment, which makes thumb nails. But if you are uploading 5 mb images it will make the page load slower

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it better if its embedded in the thread. But that is me. You can also upload as an attachment, which makes thumb nails. But if you are uploading 5 mb images it will make the page load slower
Is there a way to embed in the thread at the moment with no thumbnail?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
an attachment? Yes

If you put the images in a album in your user profile, you can then embed those images without a thumbnail. But currently if you attach a image to a thread, it will always thumbnail it.

http://fordstnation.com/album.php?do=addalbum < is what you want to create a album. Upload files like you would with attachments.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
an attachment? Yes

If you put the images in a album in your user profile, you can then embed those images without a thumbnail. But currently if you attach a image to a thread, it will always thumbnail it.

http://fordstnation.com/album.php?do=addalbum < is what you want to create a album. Upload files like you would with attachments.
What about embedding images from urls?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.