Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the engine block heater looks like on the ST? I was thinking I should probably throw it on there. But I also don't really want a cord dangling from my bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
338 Posts
On the facotry installed ones, they usually have a series of clips to tuck the cord behind the bumper cover/chin spoiler when not in use.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm wondering who needs a block heater for a gasoline car? (Canadians, Alaskans?) Is this something turbos benefit from, oil heating up faster = less wear on delicate moving parts? I'm not sure there's much benefit to a block heater in southern Wisconsin even for diesel cars.

I wish Ford gave info about who / where the block heater is intended for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm wondering who needs a block heater for a gasoline car? (Canadians, Alaskans?) Is this something turbos benefit from, oil heating up faster = less wear on delicate moving parts? I'm not sure there's much benefit to a block heater in southern Wisconsin even for diesel cars.
You pretty much have it figured out. Any place that gets cold is a good place to use a block heater. Warm oil flows and lubricates better. Any time you can help that is good. So in Canada and Alaska, North East/West U.S. it will be appreciated by those that don't have a garage to hide the car in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So maybe I should get the block heater for those frigid Alberta clippers that hit us every third winter... though I hate to lug a hunk of useless metal around 1094 days for the one really cold day I might plug in. Better yet, drive my old Corolla in the winter salt/slush and keep my ST as a 3 season car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts