Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that once or twice a month I get an unusual engine stutter from my 2013 Focus ST2. It happens between 1,000 and 2,000 rpm, usually around 1,500 rpm and when I'm going between 30-50 mph. I'm usually in 5th or 6th gear. There is a noticeable vibration and lack of power, even more so than expected at that engine speed. It only happens within the first 10 minutes of driving and it only lasts for a max of 5-10 seconds.

Although it's not a major problem, I'd like to figure out what it is, especially while I can still get it fixed under warranty and if it's a widespread problem. Given how infrequently it occurs and difficulty in reproducibility, it's hard to demonstrate to the service techs.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
This is just a wild guess, but maybe the wiring harness issue could cause this? Most posts I saw involved shuddering and stalling at idle, but I thought I read somewhere of someone having an issue when under power. I personally didn't have any issues and had the wiring issue taken care of when having my winter tires mounted. It may be my imagination, but the car may seem even a bit smoother now after having it back for several weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts