·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Great! Thanks for Posting :)

Chad

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow. What a lame video. "hi, I'm a Ford engineer. I like this car". That sums it up for everyone who hasn't wasted 2 minutes of their life on that video.

Reactions: GWads

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow. What a lame video. "hi, I'm a Ford engineer. I like this car". That sums it up for everyone who hasn't wasted 2 minutes of their life on that video.
I tend to agree with ST? here--just a bit more song and dance to distract from the lack of any real news.

Reading between the lines though, they say that the car was produced in the domestic plant, and it still appears to have the dreaded hood gap. I think its here to stay, but I sure don't know why.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree with previous posts that video offers nothing new. But I think the most interesting aspect of the clip is that Ford brought in engineers from Germany (?) and England to participate in this prototype shakedown. The 1st engineer (the guy from the States) mentions that these are the first cars to be assembled in Michigan.

Clearly Ford is serious about building a Global car that is the same in Germany and England as it is in the US. Really, for the first time in my memory it sounds like North Americans are not going to be second class citizens when it comes to a product model. Historically Europeans got the perfomance; and we got the softer suspension/less horsepower version!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I'd like a video that simple allows us to hear the car without some distracting audio track playing in the background.

Ford needs to offer some better teases. They did a better job rolling out the Volvo C30 back when Ford owned Volvo.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Historically Europeans got the perfomance; and we got the softer suspension/less horsepower version!
So now we get the same ST as they do (which I'm clearly in favor of), but no RS. Still a bit of progress to be made I think.:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has Ford of Europe (specifically Germany) made any noise about producing an RS version of the new generation Focus? :!:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts