Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was taking a coworker on a ride in the ST. I went to turn the ESC completely off. The first visual part of changing the setting on my display completed, but the second part saying that is was turning it off went about halfway thru and then disappeared. I looked and the ESC was still turned on. I tried this several times. After the first go, it seems the button stops working. But if I shut the engine off for 10 seconds and restart it you can try again but it still gets halfway thru then goes away. Anyone else having/had this problem yet?

The only thing out of the ordinary with my car is that I changed the wheels and tires over with a winter set with no TPMS installed so I have a constant Tire Pressure message light on. Could this be causing an issue?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Unless I didn't follow the instructions correctly, I was able to get my car to complete the process. Now the TPMS sensor puts the ! symbol on, the same as disabling the TCS stuff, are you sure it's not working properly? Or does the TCS Off light not even come on?

Sorry 9:03 is late for me, and I was feeling crabby. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Holding the ESC button for 5 seconds will turn the system off and cause 2 lights in the dash. 1 in the speedometer and 1 between the fuel and temp gauge. TPMS will cause just the TPMS light to go off and occasionally between fuel and temp.

Also if you have MyKey set up you can not turn ESC off unless you have the Master Key or no programmed MyKeys in the car.

To disable MyKey have an Unprogrammed key with you. Start the car hit the Left arrow go down to settings, navigate to MyKey you should find a option to disable the system.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Maybe the car knows your driving style and has a sense of self preservation? ;)

To add to the good info already posted, if the system does have an issue you might try disconnecting the negative cable for the battery for a couple minutes and see if that corrects the issue. With some of the onboard computers it could be a simple software glitch and a quick reset might save you some time from taking it to the dealer.

Reactions: Clooney

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2017 focus st. . Today that same exact issue happen to me while driving down the mountain i turn it on while driving. I always do it and never had a problem still today... did anyone find out how to fix this problem ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts