1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea, not sure why the American Ford is limiting our options, why would they think we don't want those awesome looking grey wheels and red calipers?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yea, not sure why the American Ford is limiting our options, why would they think we don't want those awesome looking grey wheels and red calipers?
Europeans pay significantly more for the Focus, and are willing to pay even more for more options. Would you pay the equivalent of $40k for a Focus ST? Most people are complaining about almost $30k!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nonsense. We aren't talking about a 10k jump to standardize a few features common throughout the Focus line up.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
From the UK Price guide:
Focus ST 5 Door ST-3: £25.5k "on the road price"
City Pack (Parking sensors and folding mirrors): £350
Driver Assistance Pack: £850
Radar Cruise Control: £200
Sunroof: £575
Nav: £750 (I don't believe the Euro ST3 package includes nav)

Total: £28225 = $44250

You can take away a few of the packages, and you're still significantly above what Americans will pay for this car. So yeah, they get a few extra options because no matter the trim level, they're paying THOUSANDS more. The price premium is the reason why we never got the last ST or RS in the US, let alone the GOOD last generation Focus (instead we got a warmed over Gen1 POS)... Ford didn't think Americans would pay for that level of quality and refinement, let alone even more for a hot hatch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Europeans pay significantly more for the Focus, and are willing to pay even more for more options. Would you pay the equivalent of $40k for a Focus ST? Most people are complaining about almost $30k!
You pay for what you get IMO, so I would pay the 40k if that's what it cost for me to get everything offered. If you can't afford the options then don't get them. If you can then I think they should at least be offered.

With that said you could always paint your wheels yourself or take them somewhere. I have painted the wheels on every car I have owned for less then 20 bucks and always get asked what body shop painted them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks like their blue is more of a Sonic blue than ours Performance Blue. I built a ST on the Ford UK site and I'll tell you it gets expensive quick! $45k for a Focus, ouch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, everyone. New here. How much more do you think they would have to charge for the grey wheels? They are the same size as the standard wheels just a different finish. Maybe we need to talk to the NA Focus ST rep about looking into getting that added to the list of options along with a similarly colored exhaust tip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just looked it up on the ford.co.uk website and the grey wheels with red calipers (ST Style Pack) can be added for £275 or roughly $431.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Does anyone know if the little "reflectors" on the lower rear valance that are the rear foglights (that are lit on the euro models) can be bought? I want to install them on my car. I would bet a toe that that the wiring harness lead exists on the US cars and they would be a snap to install.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts