Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Over 9,300 apply to buy one of the first European-spec Ford Mustang cars, with the initial 500 reserved in a mere 30 seconds

The first 500 2015 Ford Mustang models destined for Europe were reserved in just 30 seconds when order books opened during last Saturday’s Champions League Final.

By the end of extra time in Lisbon, which saw Real Madrid beat rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1, over 9,300 people had registered for a chance to buy the new muscle car.

Never before in its 50-year history has the Mustang been sold across Europe and Ford, as one of the competition’s main sponsors, used the final to mark this occasion.

The promotion saw 500 new Mustangs allocated across 20 countries, with those Europeans quickest to express an interest set to hear from Ford in the next few weeks. Each successful prospective customer will then be invited to finalise their order at a dealership later this year, ready to receive their version of the sports car in 2015.

“We knew there was huge excitement building for the new Ford Mustang coming to Europe, but the response during the UCL Final was overwhelming,” commented Roelant de Waard, Ford’s vice president in Europe for marketing, sales and service.

“It was a truly special way to kick off the Ford Mustang era in Europe.”

When expressing an interest, customers could choose between Fastback coupe models finished in ‘Race Red’ and the convertible Mustang painted ‘Magnetic Silver’, with both variants set to include a special package.

Customers could also opt for Ford’s all-new 305bhp 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine with 407Nm of torque, or the more traditional 5.0-litre V8 engine, delivering 420bhp and 529Nm.

On top of this, each of the first 500 European-spec Mustangs will feature the brand’s SYNC 2 connectivity and navigation system, heated and ventilated seats, Park Assist technology, as well as getting black leather trim, chrome detailing and 19-inch alloys.

For those UK fans who fail to make the 500-strong shortlist, or were unlucky enough to have missed the original promotion, the good news is the Mustang will go on general sale in showrooms from early next year, and is expected to start at around £30,000.

Read more: European Ford Mustang gone in 30 seconds | Auto Express

...:cool:

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Love it! Real car people or Mustang lovers grabbed them up!

·
Registered
83 Posts
So does this confirm the power output of the 2.3 to be 305/300? Seems a bit low for a "GT" model since the Lincoln MKC it is/will be 285/305. As we've seen with our 2.0 and the Fiesta 1.6, I'm sure it can easily be tuned higher (an FRPP tune is likely a later option), but I'm kind of surprised the GT 2.3 wasn't more like 320/330 from the factory.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I know 2 of those 500.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So does this confirm the power output of the 2.3 to be 305/300? Seems a bit low for a "GT" model since the Lincoln MKC it is/will be 285/305. As we've seen with our 2.0 and the Fiesta 1.6, I'm sure it can easily be tuned higher (an FRPP tune is likely a later option), but I'm kind of surprised the GT 2.3 wasn't more like 320/330 from the factory.
Since when is the 2.3 supposed to be a GT model? Ford announced they are naming it Mustang Ecoboost.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If those are the European numbers those won't include the "over boost" power figures.
Since when is the 2.3 supposed to be a GT model? Ford announced they are naming it Mustang Ecoboost.
I'm guessing they mean GT as in a grand touring coupe or convertible, not the GT trim level. As the MKC is a compact utility vehicle.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Because the EU market is different. Look at the difference in the Fusion from the US to EU.

·
4,009 Posts
The 2.3 will be tuned differently for the RS. power is reported north of 300 bhp

·
4,009 Posts
Hints at what's to come: Lincoln releases power and economy ratings for 2015 MKC with 2.3L EcoBoost - Autoblog

AWD and the 2.3 offered in a detuned (but none to shabby) engine offering

All-EcoBoost® engine lineup, including an available all-new 2.3-liter achieving 285 horsepower and 305 lb.-ft. of torque, delivers performance and refinement to rival larger-capacity engines while offering competitive fuel economy
Introducing the 2.3-liter: The newest EcoBoost engine

The Lincoln MKC features an all-EcoBoost engine lineup, including the available 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine. A combination of turbocharging, direct injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing delivers performance and refinement that rival bigger engines but with the fuel-economy benefits of downsizing.

Tested with 93-octane fuel, the 2.3-liter EcoBoost achieves 285 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 305 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,750 rpm, the most horsepower per liter in its class.
Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive evaluates road conditions in milliseconds, compensating for and transferring power between the wheels to provide a confident grip and solid response on varying surfaces through differing weather conditions. It modulates the torque to manage understeer and oversteer situations and provides a dynamic and sporty feel that more closely resembles a rear-wheel-drive experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts