Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a place to buy the rear LED taillights in Europe that's featured on the Euro spec ST. They are about $508 for the pair plus shipping. Anyone have a guess as to if the wiring will be different? The rear lights are really similar except for the 2 LED strips. This is something I couldn't do myself, but I wonder how much would be involved installing them? They are really tempting to purchase.

Here is where I found them to buy:

LED Taillights Focus MK3, European-Parts

EDIT: I just received an e-mail back from this company. These are OEM since Hella makes these lights for Ford.

·
Registered
894 Posts
$500 + shipping and VAT seems like a lot to pay for just that strip of red LEDs. Do these have LED turn signals and brake lights or just the same halogens?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
As US customers, we would not be charged VAT. So $429 + shipping. Still a lot, but not so bad if you are able to sell your existing taillights ($371.14/set + tax retail).

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻);44013 said:
For some inexplicable reason, I want these very much. I wonder how much the stock lamps are worth.
Although expensive, I feel the same way. I just wonder how hard it would be to sell the stock lamps?

·
Registered
38 Posts
They do look pretty cool. I wonder if they will just plug in without any issues? Don't the euro cars have a rear fog light? Would they be wired differently for any reason?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have access to LED light strips, and since they would use almost no power I'm more interested in knowing if I can add them into the stock tail light instead of spending hundreds on the euro ones. The parts would cost like <$20 instead. Hmmmmm....

Reactions: flametail

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have access to LED light strips, and since they would use almost no power I'm more interested in knowing if I can add them into the stock tail light instead of spending hundreds on the euro ones. The parts would cost like <$20 instead. Hmmmmm....
I smell a retrofit kit! I'm curious as to how hard it would be to separate the lens from the body to install the lights.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm curious as to how hard it would be to separate the lens from the body to install the lights.
Exactly. It may involve some cutting which won't be pleasant with that complex shape...

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Euro lights are cool looking, but not $500 cool looking. They just aren't different enough for that kind of dough. But hey, if you got the change laying around, give it a go!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm just gonna wait til Depo gets a set finished.
Agreed, rather wait and see what Depo comes out with - they'll have more design options and a better price. If these were full LED, instead of just a LED strip with otherwise normal incandescent bulbs,then I'd be more interested.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Although only a minor difference, the LED strip at the bottom does add a lot I think. I will wait was well too. Since the Focus Electric has the LED taillights, maybe you could get a cheaper set here in the States.

Ideally, it would be nice to have taillights that were full LED, just not the LED strips at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts