Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading to Montreal this weekend for the Formula 1 race?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Went to my first Montreal F1 race in 1993. Saw Senna race that year (his last time in Montreal). A little known fact is that his teammate that year was Michael Andretti; and the team was McLaren Peugeot. Unfortunately haven't been to the Canadian GP for a number of years. Went to most of the events at Indianapolis - and I will be in Austin in November.

I always loved the Canadian GP; primarily because I found Montreal to be such a beautiful, fun city. :) Hope the students don't disrupt race day - have fun and drink a Molson for me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to my first Montreal F1 race in 1993. Saw Senna race that year (his last time in Montreal). A little known fact is that his teammate that year was Michael Andretti; and the team was McLaren Peugeot. Unfortunately haven't been to the Canadian GP for a number of years. Went to most of the events at Indianapolis - and I will be in Austin in November.

I always loved the Canadian GP; primarily because I found Montreal to be such a beautiful, fun city. :) Hope the students don't disrupt race day - have fun and drink a Molson for me.
This will be the 5th time i go. Never saw Senna :( but witnessed schumi in his hay day and Jacques Villeneuve the year he won. The city and atmosphere is amazing! I highly recommend everyone takes 1 in before they die(bucket list). Hopefully New Jersey gets a race next year... i will be there for sure!

Oh and the girls and cars that are everywhere.... :thumb: Yes i will take pictures.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haven't been to Montreal.
Went to several of the Indianapolis F1 races.

It's nice when they race in North America, I don't have to set the DVR for 5am to watch the race.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'd love to go to any F1 race someday, tried to go to Monaco this year but the trip ended up being way too expensive (of course). Maybe I'll make it to Austin.

But either way, I'll be watching it on TV.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a weekend!! Saw so many exotics! Mclaren mp4-12c's, Ferrari's all sorts, Lambo's all sorts including Aventador. Oh and a Veyron!! pics to come.

Good race 2! Way to go Hamilton and the Mclaren boys! Strategy is Boss but your pitstops almost lost it for you. 2 bad my Williams boys [email protected] the bed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What a weekend!! Saw so many exotics! Mclaren mp4-12c's, Ferrari's all sorts, Lambo's all sorts including Aventador. Oh and a Veyron!! pics to come.

Good race 2! Way to go Hamilton and the Mclaren boys! Strategy is Boss but your pitstops almost lost it for you. 2 bad my Williams boys [email protected] the bed.
Arguably the best season ever in F1. :thumb: 7 races, 7 different drivers. And Sauber and Lotus have not won this year; and with a line-up of Kobayashi/Perez and Grosjean/Raikkonen, it's very conceivable we'll see an eighth different winner in Valencia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts