Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I had to disable the FaceBook platform on the website. It was causing very long load times and database errors. I will investigate why it was doing this. For now its disabled. If you logged onto the site with your Facebook account this will cause you some problems.

Chad

Reactions: oaxa

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FaceBook Yet again caused us to slow down.. I've disabled it again. I need to look into it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Chad on a somewhat unrelated note when I fire up the main page or a sub-site like the Focus ST Basic info section I get the following. I just noticed it happening yesterday, as of earlier this week I hadn't noticed any problems with the front page at least and of course I can still access the forums/chat. I have never used the facebook connect functionality.

Baron164, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
^^ same thing for me.
It might be related to the other links that I pMed you about.

As far as FB, IDK on how much direct access is in demand *through* FB.
Maybe just a ST Nation page presence will suffice and people can access this site directly.
Just a thought.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say 15-20% of members use it to log in. Facebook Connect that is. The other aspect drives a spider web of social media links.

I use it to log in, but I also have a password set, just in case FaceBook has problems. It doesn't appear to be a problem with our stuff, but Facebook itself was having load issues at the same times it was causing us issues.

My member using FaceBook Connect should set a password just in case.

The permissions issues has been resolved on the front page. It had something to do with a new user group I created for the classified post permissions. Let me know if its resolved.

Chad

·
Registered
753 Posts
The permission issue for the Front page and other pages seems to be resolved for me, thanks Chad :)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FaceBook yet again causing the site to load slow.

Disabled until tomorrow.

Chad

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was using the FB login (easier than creating an account, though now I wish I had). I'm now having a problem with the password reset. In order to login I had to reset my password and was given a random one. I logged in with it and went to change it, but it wont let me. I get this message:

The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Of course it doesn't match my current one, i'm changing it! haha. And even if I do put my current PW in, it gives me the same message.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have turned on Facebook again.

:)

Matt PM me your new pw and I will set it that :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts