Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an interesting message in my inbox today from head of marketing for the Focus ST, Lisa Schoder. Here's a piece of it:

I'm reaching out because you've been a very active and much appreciated FB fan as well as one of our first FB fans to pre-order a car! Ford ST would like you to take part in a very special ST launch event in which we would ask you to be an exclusive content creator for a national TV Spot, to help promote buzz socially, and to increase engagement within our FB community.
I'll be contacting them on Wednesday, and I'll update here with what I can (though I guess just posting this is helping "promote buzz socially", so I suppose I've already started participating) :D

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Very nice sir!

I wish I could help :) But I suppose I am doing enough with this site already.

I wonder if they would let you take pictures of the ST launch event!

:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the same response and like you, will find out details tomorrow (wed). I was going to post something earlier but I'm not sure how much info Ford wants leaked out in regards to the event. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Very cool! I was wondering what was going on with all the messages Lisa was posting about reminding people to check their messages :!!:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers I get a message from Lisa!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Same here! I ordered very early as well, but we'll see.

Although I'll probably be out of the country (Going to Israel, then China for work) late July thru mid to late August, if that's when it is so I likely wouldn't be able to help. :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You up for the trip Ron?
Yep! The timing is perfect--its just about the only time I could have considered getting away on such short notice. How about you?

And as to the "leak", I don't think it's any secret that 'launch events' of some kind happen for new cars and other products. I have left out what few details were available in the invite, and will continue to be sensitive to privacy going forward.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool. I spoke with the marketing person this morning and they're making my travel arrangements. Wow I thought getting a free GoPro camera was cool but a bonus trip? Simply incredible and mega kudos to Ford...Ron you flying out of LAX?
Most likely (I'd prefer Burbank, but LAX works). Holli told me there was another guy from So. Cal.--figured it was probably you. Should be fun. I got window!!! :LOL:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Haha awesome! I would prefer Burbank too, but I don't think it's international. Hopefully she books us on the same flight. Should be a great time!
Hey Cypress and Ron:
If you can share, when is this going down? "Inquiring minds want to know." :!:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Guys, I don't know if we should be talking about this :)
I'm quite certain Ford knows this information is going to be leaked at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is all a part of their marketing strategy for "promoting buzz socially." Ford wouldn't be contacting private citizens and inviting them to some sort of launch event without expecting one of those people to spill the beans on the details.

These people that Ford is contacting have no contractual or legal obligation to keep the information quiet, so it's just a matter of time before we all know. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Well I just think it's professional courtesy... Besides I asked her about it and she told me specifically to keep it on the "down-low," so that's what I'm doing :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well I just think it's professional courtesy... Besides I asked her about it and she told me specifically to keep it on the "down-low," so that's what I'm doing :)
Congratulations again on the opportunity, and I agree that it would be courteous for those that have been contacted to keep the news quiet, as I know I would. However I have a feeling not everyone has that same kind of restraint and we will be hearing something; if not from this site, maybe Jalopnik or some similar enthusiast site. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just asked the marketing company about whether or not we are allowed to discuss any information about the event, and according to her, she stated that we are free to share with everyone.

Edit: With that said, I'm going to refrain from posting any details out of respect and courtesy to those who may not have been chosen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just asked the marketing company about whether or not we are allowed to discuss any information about the event, and according to her, she stated that we are free to share with everyone.
Thanks, Cypress. Seems like some people thought this was some sort of secret society, where super secret information was going to be dispensed that could jeopardize the "Launch of the ST".

It is an honor to be selected - and I'm sure invitees will have a blast participating in pre-launch activities. And those of us who have joined this Forum with the thought that it's an appropriate place to share and learn information concerning the ST will look forward to hearing from you and your involvement. I'm sure that there are a bunch of us that are envious of your good fortune; but most importantly - HAVE FUN!!!! :D

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
FB sucks. They should have recruited from ST / Focus enthusiast sites.

Reactions: JdubST13

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FWIW, I started the thread exactly for some of the reasons noted above (no contractual obligation, no suggestion to be discreet in initial contact from Lisa, and that this is no doubt part of the buzz they wanted). I also chose just to share the basics until being given any guidelines after the event occurs.

As for when it occurs, I will say that if we are allowed to share details of the event, it should be very soon!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts