Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, put away the motorcycle riding gear for good and picked up a new ST for twisty road fun up here in the mountains. I'm local to deals gap / dragon US129 and all the other assorted twisty fun in the area. Hitting the dragon tomorrow for some fun....this car is a blast to carve twisties on. 1382253_10200663856296554_1430730576_n.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
602261_10200675156739058_549902784_n.jpg
Hey gang, put away the motorcycle riding gear for good and picked up a new ST for twisty road fun up here in the mountains. I'm local to deals gap / dragon US129 and all the other assorted twisty fun in the area. Hitting the dragon tomorrow for some fun....this car is a blast to carve twisties on. View attachment 10122

About 300 miles of twisty roads today, moonshiner 28, deals gap/ tail of the dragon, rattle snake 209, us 276 and 215.
the Fiesta ST is a corner carving roller skate. Sport mode and have at it. Smiles all day long.....your ST deserves these types of roads, it's what it was designed for. It's forgiving even in sport mode and performance is certainly adequate on mountain roadways where elevation is concerned. Road conditions early were wet with heavy amounts of leaves on the road....the stability control in normal mode works really well....dry roads in the afternoon with temps around 68F.

I believe I passed another Fiesta ST on moonshiner 28 near deals gap around 945am....if you're a member here, hope you had as much fun as I did.:yay:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I have been wanting to bring my Focus ST down there for the dragon but havent had the time to get away for a long weekend yet. At this point it will probably have to wait untill next year. Have fun craving up the mountains, just remember to keep it between the lines!! LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
congrats! and enjoy! i bet the roads just get eatin by that thing nom nom nom!

i have some time off in spring was gonna visit the family in Greensboro then head to western university to see lil bro would love to hit some mountain roads!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just came back with my FoST from there amazing time. I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway from Waynesboro VA to Asheville NC amazing drive then took a day to US129 had a blast. The roads around there are awesome and the ST is perfect. The St provides insane levels of grip and you don't have to wrestle it around to maintain control. I stopped by VIR on my way back to do an Ariel Atom expirience and saw another FoST racing around with a porsche club.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a two wheeler myself. I've ridden all those roads more times than I can count, though in recent years, I've taken a shine to N. Ga over the Gap area. Love Richard Russell, Blood Mt., Wolf Pen Gap, Hwy 17, etc. Less law enforcement, less traffic. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Riding" season has returned...... Trackrider54, agreed about those roads in N. GA.....great scenery for certain. I like to occasionally take all back roads up from FL to Western NC and always hit one of those gems on the way up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts