Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I didn't look through your videos (YT is blocked at work) but have you done one on stuffing the subwoofer box with polyfill? Made a good bit of difference for me. Still not very satisfied with the system, but at least it's a bit more punchy. Can't wait to get my Focals installed next year!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many cars have you had a good aftermarket system in?
can you hear the stereo while doing 80MPH with the windows down?
Doing the above test can you understand an interview on talk radio?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm hoping I won't make the push for a system in my car. I still have my W7 but sold everything else with my last car and would have to dish out around 3,500 for everything amps wires speakers. I wouldn't say the Sony is horrible but it does leave a lot to be wanted from the system. In the meantime I'm hopping all the performance upgrades will distract me from my obsession with quality audio.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping I won't make the push for a system in my car. I still have my W7 but sold everything else with my last car and would have to dish out around 3,500 for everything amps wires speakers. I wouldn't say the Sony is horrible but it does leave a lot to be wanted from the system. In the meantime I'm hopping all the performance upgrades will distract me from my obsession with quality audio.
I only spent a total of around 800$. now It sounds just as good down low as it does with 80MPH winds in my hair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BEST video ever!! Tell it how it is man. Thanks for taking the time to do a walk through. Im pissed too! like you said 30k for a car ford shouldn't fuck us on a major feature!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im really gonna look into a big upgrade on this car when i get the chance. I used to compete in car audio prior to getting my ST. Last car had 8 12s on 12k and an active front stage that sounded amazing. I plan to integrate a 8 channel DSP and active 3 way in the front. If you understand staging the rear speakers are useless unless you are concerned about passengers which i am not. Im a basshead as well so it'll have a nice bottom end. Not looking for retarded output but i love low lows so expect 20hz and up haha.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some questions and keep in mind audio is something I have no clue about. I watched the one on the sub woofer box.

1. Will upgrading the sub still leave a balanced sounding stereo?
2. I see you said with the direct replacement 8" sub that it wouldn't be too good since the OEM box is too small. Would smoothing out all the webbing and extra material inside gain enough volume? What about also adding polyfil? Would those two make up the volume difference?
3. I don't know what porting a box does but would that help the situation?

Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have some questions and keep in mind audio is something I have no clue about. I watched the one on the sub woofer box.

1. Will upgrading the sub still leave a balanced sounding stereo?
2. I see you said with the direct replacement 8" sub that it wouldn't be too good since the OEM box is too small. Would smoothing out all the webbing and extra material inside gain enough volume? What about also adding polyfil? Would those two make up the volume difference?
3. I don't know what porting a box does but would that help the situation?

Thanks.
#1 wont see much of a difference
#2 The sub calls for minimum of .5 cubic feet, hence #1... the webbing wont change the volume much at all...
#3 porting it would not work because there is not enough room to put the port.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts