Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out of the Frakenstorm came Serenity!

My ST at Daves.jpg
I celebrated by eating some Que at Famous Dave's. :) As you can see it was still pouring out when I went for my first drive.

My power had only come back on for about two hours Monday when my dealer called to say that I could take delivery that day if I wanted! :yay: It was completely unexpected, I had not been tracking her shipping progress, I was too afraid that I would find out she was stranded somewhere. Serenity was built on 10/18.

I was able to get her on Xplan, and decided to go for the protection package (I seemingly got a huge discount on it, but yeah, I know) and I extended the warranty to 6/77000. I figure if I treat her right, she’ll be with me for the rest of my life, or so I've heard.

My hood gap is larger than I would like, and almost half again wider than the gap on the ST2 that Ourisman has on the showroom floor. Man I would have thought that was all worked out by now. I'm talking with the dealer about trying to fix it. Taillight clearance is fine with nothing touching. Speaking of the dealer, I wanted to plug Mike Hughes again. He is a real car guy who understood the importance of the ST from day one and was awesome to work with.

Completed:
Optigaurd coating instead of a clear bra

Hope to add soon:
35% tint (I don't want it dark)
Red calipers
Rally quality mud flaps, maybe RBs. :/
Oil catch can

Hope to add some day:
Tune
Rally gravel-class suspension (I'm still learning)

Thank you all for your help and everything I've learned so far!

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, actually...my wife and I have been off for two days because of the storm, and today was labelled "liberal leave", so I suggested we go for a long long drive, but practicality won out. :)

Reactions: ST Raven

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking super nice my friend. This will be the 1st car I've had with this much rake on the windshield. Wonder how rain-x will do in it?

Every time I read about someone wanting to do a catch-can I just there's another way. Though I'm not a big fan of seafoam nor have I ever used it, I think using it through the throttle body every oil change or so will keep the valves clean. I Think a thread is warranted.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Out of the Frakenstorm came Serenity!

View attachment 4350
I celebrated by eating some Que at Famous Dave's. :) As you can see it was still pouring out when I went for my first drive.

My power had only come back on for about two hours Monday when my dealer called to say that I could take delivery that day if I wanted! :yay: It was completely unexpected, I had not been tracking her shipping progress, I was too afraid that I would find out she was stranded somewhere. Serenity was built on 10/18.

I was able to get her on Xplan, and decided to go for the protection package (I seemingly got a huge discount on it, but yeah, I know) and I extended the warranty to 6/77000. I figure if I treat her right, she’ll be with me for the rest of my life, or so I've heard.

My hood gap is larger than I would like, and almost half again wider than the gap on the ST2 that Ourisman has on the showroom floor. Man I would have thought that was all worked out by now. I'm talking with the dealer about trying to fix it. Taillight clearance is fine with nothing touching. Speaking of the dealer, I wanted to plug Mike Hughes again. He is a real car guy who understood the importance of the ST from day one and was awesome to work with.

Hope to add soon:
Xpel clear bra
35% tint (I don't want it dark)
Red calipers
Rally Armor flaps when they come out
Oil catch can

Hope to add some day:
Tune
Rally gravel-class suspension (I'm still learning)

Thank you all for your help and everything I've learned so far!
FJTom you should have seen the hood gap on my St3! It was very possibly the worst gap I had seen. All you have to do is go pop the hood and turn the bumpers around 7 or 8 times clockwise... that's it!. Adjust to your liking but 8 turns worked for me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congratulations! I'm hoping my "serenity" comes "now!"

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SImply can't get tired of watching that painjob. Very nice pic too.
Considering that was taken with my garbage phone cam, you are too kind. Completely agree about the color though. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that sucked (collision)

Did I mention I hate commuting in DC?

I was north bound on Washington St, old town Alexandria, when a south bound Honda Insight decided she could make a quick left turn across the northbound lanes. I had no time to stop. :(

collision.JPG

Praise God there were no injuries (my wife was with me), and that the other driver was so clearly at fault that her insurance will be paying for everything. But I stood in the road and almost broke down crying. My poor girl. :(

Serenity will rise again! But there's no telling how long it will take. I guess I don't need to finally put the winter wheels on this weekend.

One note - Serenity drew blood! She was still drivable, but the Insight was bleeding fluids pretty steadily. Ha!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Looks like the Insight owner would have been better off with foresight.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

You know, for accidents like this, the idiot at fault should have to take driving courses. So many people who don't pay attention while driving. The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine, his Mustang was completely totaled though, as the other driver pretty much hit him head on.
Lucky no people were hurt, but that poor ST. I'd have to fight some serious rage if some idiot did that to my ST. Congrats on keeping your cool, and good luck getting your ST back.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Oh man that picture makes me sad. On the plus side, maybe you can replace the front end with the one from the Faust ST, including the splitter.

Reactions: Figleaf1971

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did I mention I hate commuting in DC?

I was north bound on Washington St, old town Alexandria, when a south bound Honda Insight decided she could make a quick left turn across the northbound lanes. I had no time to stop. :(

View attachment 5625

Praise God there were no injuries (my wife was with me), and that the other driver was so clearly at fault that her insurance will be paying for everything. But I stood in the road and almost broke down crying. My poor girl. :(

Serenity will rise again! But there's no telling how long it will take. I guess I don't need to finally put the winter wheels on this weekend.

One note - Serenity drew blood! She was still drivable, but the Insight was bleeding fluids pretty steadily. Ha!

Ouch, I'm sorry, but glad everyone's alright. And I had to live down in Alexandria over the summer, and all I have to say is that I hated driving there so much. I have never ever seen so many bad drivers and never had so many near missed as I did last summer.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Glad everythings all right. The car can be fixed. A friend had a similar accident on her motorcycle and was lucky to be alive. But she was in the hospital for nearly a year and has been undergoing physical therapy for 4 years and still has to walk with a cane.

Serenity's "physical therapy" will take less time and she'll be in far better shape than my friend. But it is a sad thing that Serenity gave herself to save you when she was so young.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes. I just got back from traveling yesterday and the first estimate for the repair came today. Over $17k. Now I start the process of seeing if State Farm will total the car or not. They don't even have a value for it, they want me to send them my bill of sale. Considering I got the car on X-plan I'm not 100% sure if I'm happy with that. Maybe I'll just send them the window sticker.

But it is a sad thing that Serenity gave herself to save you when she was so young.
She performed well to protect us, that's for sure. But you are right, she can be fixed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I grew up in the Maryland side of the Metro area and attended U of MD. Of all the places I've driven throughout the US and world, nothing is quite like that area for crazed drivers except maybe Jamaica. Three lane changes make signaling futile. It is like a bumper car ride with the exception you can't get out only laughing. Love visiting but would never live there again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Glad you and your wife are okay. Get Serenity up and going and use any extra for a tune!

YellowfocusSTman

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
State Farm decided yesterday that they would total my car. Amazing what damage a ~25mph collision can do! The frame rails in the front of the car were bent and cracked, and the firewall was buckled. And that was the damage the collision guy could see after prying open the hood, he warned them that there may be further damage the deeper they went. I think the scarcity of parts, and the huge labor estimate to have things painted properly didn't help either. The collision guy advised me, "if it was my car I wouldn't want it back" so in the end I'm glad it was totaled.

But State Farm is treating me well. They are valuing the car at purchase price, so I will have another car soon. Can't be soon enough!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts