Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading an article in car buzz, Ford plans on developing a Focus RS and will bring it to the US. They are reporting it will be 350 hp. Since they can only get a max 300 out of the 2.0 ecoboost, they mentioned a 2.3 ecoboost Ford is/or plans on developing. I can't image driving this thing with 350 hp.

·
Registered
252 Posts
As disappointed as I'd be not having the top model, this would be pretty cool. I'd imagine the development of a new engine would be pricey, no?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Engine is already developed. Same one that will go into mustang. Progress is farther than you'd think, production is still roughly 3 years out as shomare speculated.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not with the turbo wall bang bang society. ;)

·
4,009 Posts
Engine is already developed. Same one that will go into mustang. Progress is farther than you'd think, production is still roughly 3 years out as shomare speculated.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not with the turbo wall bang bang society. ;)
Have heard the same. Engine is well along. Other tidbits, FWD with the Revo Knuckle and the electronic traction control.

·
Registered
693 Posts
holy balls, driving the st stock is a blast. I cant imagine driving with and extra hp! I usually get new cars every couple years. i might have to start think about this one. wait cant do that. i thought the wait for :ST: was bad, this will for sure drive me to the edge.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If it actually comes here in 3 or 4 years I may have to grab one. Depends on my situation at the time. I'm also wondering if they would be built in limited quantities like usual.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If they do come out with this one and I decide that I want one I won't be pre-ordering it and I didn't have any problems with my pre-order. I will probably wait for the second model year so they can work out all the bugs too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
With 350hp, imagine how big the hood gap will be! :D

·
4,009 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts