·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Hmmm It's a slow day at work

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here I might cut out to check it out since I won't be able to make the SoCal Driving Event this weekend. :S

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
^^^Sorry you can't make saturday

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sitting here and the time has been changed to 4-6. Sigh. Looks like 4 STs and the trailer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
7 cars up front:

2 Red
4 Tangerine Scream
1 Ingot Silver

And a white one that got moved to the back awhile ago.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Very nice. I wish we had gotten his sooner. We could have posted it on the main news. I am waiting for something to happen in Michigan...for......sake. I mean the cars are being built 90 minutes from me, and we have no kind of marketing events around here.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Star Ford is probably the closest dealer to the Event this Saturday

·
Registered
685 Posts
Disappointed there's no black. But it's like 100 degrees out there this week, so it would probably melt, or at least melt anyone who got in it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
This would have been neat to go see. I work too far, so even if there was a little more notice, I wouldn't have made it.

Thank you for the PM Ron, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice. I wish we had gotten his sooner. We could have posted it on the main news. I am waiting for something to happen in Michigan...for......sake. I mean the cars are being built 90 minutes from me, and we have no kind of marketing events around here.
I didn't get the email until 11:13am this morning, and posted it at 11:16am. Star Ford really did not seem to handle this well. The only reason I found out about it was because I am on their spam list due to my inquiry on the ST a few months back.

The email stated 2-4pm. Upon my arrival at 2:45, most didn't know a thing about it and all the fliers in the sales area said 4-6pm. :xxx:

So, I decided to wait, since I have to miss the ST Drive this weekend. Whilst waiting my time I decided to check Star Ford on their Twitter and Facebook, no mentions of this ST Demo whatsoever. There was one other gentleman around when I was there. They seemingly did nothing to promote the ST whatsoever.

I'm glad I didn't order from them. :ST:

Man does that Red pop! Wow. Nice hood gaps!! 2 different shades of yellow, uh, I mean Tangerine Scream. Silver looking hot. Wish I was there.
The Red actually looks DAMN good in person, and the gaps were present due to them all being pre-production models with Michigan plates. ST2s and ST3s, the black headlamps DO look good.

There were also one or two Performance Blues hiding, I did catch one in the bay.

Will post pics and more impressions later. Only thing I can say is that this car is well worth the wait. And that's coming from someone with over 1200hp in the garage between 2 ponies. :yay:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tell me about it! I didn't know you were nearby Chad, that's cool. I don't live too far from where these are made and have seen 3 on the roads in Novi but man why can't there be an event in the Motor City? Frustrating seeing all these guys talk about their time at the events and here we are in the heart of it and get nothing...oh well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Star is my closest dealer, and one of those I contacted when pre-ordering. They weren't terrible, but they were slower to get up to speed, and I went with Wondries in Alhambra.

I hadn't seen this thread earlier, so I ended up driving right by on the 5 without ever knowing. Would have liked to check them out, but I should get to know them well this Saturday. See you all there.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Tell me about it! I didn't know you were nearby Chad, that's cool. I don't live too far from where these are made and have seen 3 on the roads in Novi but man why can't there be an event in the Motor City? Frustrating seeing all these guys talk about their time at the events and here we are in the heart of it and get nothing...oh well.

I can't blame them. Its practical to spend money where there are more people. It just bits that $$$ are the reason we get the shaft. I need to get in touch with someone who can get me a tour of the plant while the ST are being made.

Yeah, I am in Midland, MI.

I didn't get the email until 11:13am this morning, and posted it at 11:16am. Star Ford really did not seem to handle this well. The only reason I found out about it was because I am on their spam list due to my inquiry on the ST a few months back.

The email stated 2-4pm. Upon my arrival at 2:45, most didn't know a thing about it and all the fliers in the sales area said 4-6pm. :xxx:
Hehe, no problem man. So why all this effort to have the ST at the dealership and not promote it better? It seems like a local problem more than a FoMoCo thing. But, if they got the ST, why not help market it on FaceBook.

Oh well.. looking forward to the images and thoughts.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Got a chance to go and snag a ride! Thanks Ron for letting us know
Jonathan Start if I got his name right, gave me a few runs around the block in an ST2 Tangerine with matching seats.
Recaros ARE snug and I'm not a big guy (neither is Jonathan).
Car is zippy, not mash you back fast, still a major improvement on the SVT.
First gear was good till just below 40. Second Jonathan said was good till 60.
He seemed as about informed on the HID scenario as we are, hinting at it being a QA thing with the vendor.
There were mostly ST3 trims out with 2 ST2. Sorry to say most of the photos I had were not good. It was 5:30 and the sun was blazing.
I'll post mostly shots of the HIDs and a few of the front bumper for the license mounting info.
The only color I didn't see was blue.Jonathan Start

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
:p emphasis on stick
I'm 67" 168# Jonathan about the same size maybe lighter

1 - 20 of 40 Posts